Why the teasing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demerzel

demerzel Registered

This is funny.

This pretty much confirms that you don't even understand what we are talking about "If you can't afford 5 euro every 3-6 months,".

Dude the first DLC pack will contain more than one 5 euro stuff. They already bundle up individual DLC (Like the McLaren car) into a DLC BUNDLE ("GT pack"). Which will cost more than 5 euros.

Let me help you to understand this since you clearly don't understand.
    The "GT pack" will be a bundle of individual car DLCs.
    The first car from this pack is the McLaren which will cost 5 euro. This is only 1 piece of content.
    We don't know how many cars will be in the pack yet. However, it's most likely more than 2 pieces of content.
    If it's 2 cars. Then it's two most likely 5 euro pieces of content which is 10 euro in total. If it's three cars then three 5 euro pieces of content which is 15 euro in total.

See it's already escalated into a 15 euro purchase from 5 euro if they release 3 GT cars. If they release more than 3 cars it will cost even more.
    What do you think how much will be the bundle discount?
    I'm pretty sure it not going to be: Buy two cars and get three cars type of discount.

And this is only the first wave of DLC's.

That's the point. It's not 5 euro every 3-6 months. It's multiple individual pieces of contents every X months. And again. The first pieces of content will cost 5 euros.

And on top of this. Even the refund option is in question because they introduce a 3rd party store on top of steam store.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would like to see the DLC content I download for rF2 as a paid suscription in the workshop. In the same way as I can uninstall any software in steam and install it in another computer, I would like to be able to unsubscribe and resubscribe to an item which I have purchased.

The only thing I hate from workshop is the cache. I would expect a direct rfcmp download to the package folder.

In order to protect from piracy without substantially changing actual component system, the key should be the manifest file that is created apart from the mas files. A specific code for each rF2 license should be required in the manifest file in order for the component to work. That valid code would be generated for the user when subscribing to a paid item.

Trying to install any component with specific protected mas files and incorrect mft would result in a gradually increasing temporary ban. A solution for installing content in servers is needed as well. Actual system is horrible in that way. Copy pasting from own installation via remote desktop is the straightest way at the moment.

Actual encryption system should be improved in order for this to be effective.

This should not affect to updates to those paid components that leagues may do to include their racer names and car skins.
    I would leave the update possibility for tracks as well in order to permit typical small modifications like including physical anti-cut systems where cut track function doesn't work properly (Nola for example).

I also hope that not all future content were DLC. I would expect from time some quality free content with unencrypted mas files. They are always best examples for modders.

Ernie and Emery like this.
  3. hihi04

hihi04 Registered

We can buy the car or preorder the cars ? i think i gonna buy the pack if avaliable. Just i dont see where is the problem men nobody is forcing you to buy nothing.

4. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I think Dom mentioned on Discord that a pack of cars together would be cheaper than £5 x No.of cars. Multi buy discount type of thing. All we can do is wait and see the pack pricing.

hihi04 likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

Raceroom sell each LIVERY for 3 Euro and you can't paint your own. In rF2 you'll get all the liveries and the ability to paint your own.

kimbo likes this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Who's weekend ? Ours is finished before the rest of the world starts theirs ;)

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Lol complete .. surley your kidding ?

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

bored of reading these threads full of bickering!

please end this. What's happened to this place ?

andrea_274 and kantenflimmern like this.
  9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Stop arguing please. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.