Why the teasing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hang on... why do you get to come in to each thread and put us down for responding? You're not even joining the discussion.

PS I've been plenty critical of rF2 and its development in certain areas. I may disagree with you on certain points but that doesn't mean I have my head in the sand. Take a look around - 5 and a half years since rF2 came out, and it's still good but it's not what we'd have hoped. Something needs to change for it to even survive, let alone improve its place in the market. Maybe DLC will help.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Emery, Fabio Pittol and Ari Antero like this.
  2. Stan

Stan Registered

@Lazza I read this forum because I love rf2 and I am always eager to learn about it... that said, the are no discussions, every time someone point a problem, you and others mini-moderators ruined it by ironising, giving inapropriate lessons (Comante last post about Economy#39) or replying often just next to the question! So it's boring and not constructive at all.
    It's written language and we are adults, so why do you try to irritate people with formula like "Hang on...", couldn't you make it more "civilian" or less childish?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Stan I think you're misreading my intent, and don't realise how your own posts come across. But we're digressing, so I'll drop it.

Ari Antero likes this.
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep you could go to a game that doesn't include DLC , you know the one , oh hang on ..

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. demerzel

demerzel Registered

h
    I'm super curious how much people will join due to this astonishing new car with 5 eur cost.

I may have missed the new people after the free usf2000, nissan something, radical.

UsedMomo likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't get why people allways feel the need to mark people as "fanboys" or "trolls" just because people have a different opinion about something. It is, when the topics change from the subject to personal stuff, when it mostly gets ugly and boring and most of the time it is a sign that people run out of arguments. I for one think that 5 bucks per car is pretty expensive. I don't think that it is wise though to compare it to other games because production times can vary alot due to different tire models and stuff like that.

At the end it doesn't make sense to complain about it too much because I have the freedom of choice. And if I don't buy it, I will still be able to drive all my other content till the end of my life. It is pretty obvious why S397 sets a higher price at the beginning with the event in sight, so take it or leave it. I am pretty sure the full GT3 package won't be sold as a 5-bucks-per-car-package and if you are a clever person you will go for that one.

Tackset likes this.
  7. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Stock car extreme. ;)
    rfactor 1.
    pre s397 rfactor 2.

UsedMomo and Stan like this.
  8. Stan

Stan Registered

@Lazza The problem is not specialy you, Lazza, as I could just jump your post finally, but as it's always the same +/-5 guys (the mini-moderators) that are replying to the posts, it always lead those posts to the same fights... you disagree with someone, then @Comante backup you, by "liking" or commenting your way, then @stonec (@hitm4k3r, @peterchen, or else...) agree, then... and again, and again! So, that's whats looks boring to me, this never ending system.
    I am not in anyway looking for fights, but I am happy that we have had this "clarification". With no irony, thank you (and others).

9. bwana

bwana Registered

B
    Difference between rf2 and Iracing is at least you have a ton of free stuff to drive and soon with rf2 the 'option' to buy licensed content . Remembering that licensing is not always the best content ( look at AC ) .

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Lol . I'd bet you would complain about the 2005 look though . Not to mention zero future mods

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The worst part of DLC for cars is IMO that you cannot try them. For example, I didn't like GT500 when I tried it and I have never used it since then.

It would be nice to be able to try them before deciding to invest money.

For tracks I don't think this is so important. A video can give a pretty accurate idea of what you will get.

lagg and Magus like this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think that you are a bit overanalizing that forum-thingy. Just because you have people who are more active, agree or disagree more often with something or what ever doesn't make them mini-moderators or forum-trolls. What is a forum for, when people are allways supposed to say "yes, you are right"? I think that's the essence of it when you open a thread - to gather as many oppinions and gain as much information as possible even if they don't line up with your initial thinking.

Despite the fact that it was you, who first felt the need to come with remarks about certain users, completely failing to stay on topic, I think that you should be able to actually judge what is a fight and what is a healthy discussion. If a discussion with varying opinions is a fight for you, then I don't know what to say tbh. You can be sure, that the people you listed - including me - have their own problems with any software including rF2, so you should be careful with what you just did. ;)

MarcG likes this.
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This is actually a fair point. We'll be thinking about that and any possible solution, if available in any form. Thanks.

andrea_274, bwana, Mulero and 12 others like this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It was brought up in Discord the other day and someone mentioned RRE does "Free Weekends", whereby people get to play with those cars that are otherwise charged for, at the end of the weekend they revert to being 'locked' until bought. If a system like that could be introduced or a Demo of some kind it would certainly go a long way to aiding initial perceptions and decisions, instead of a having to deal with countless "refunds" because someone didn't like the FFB (!).

tafkams, bwana, Ari Antero and 2 others like this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That
    That sounds very interesting. Official servers would be very likely crowded those days which might increase online activity as a further benefit. It should help with sales considering some will like to keep on racing on Monday if servers are still populated.

The main temporary drawback for releasing DLC trying weekends would be that we are about to enter August, which is (with July) the month with less activity by far here in Spain. It is too damn hot to race.

Ari Antero likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well yeah you wouldn't have Free Weekends every weekend, they'd be spread about over the course of the year perhaps to tie in with Official Events to help promote the DLC item (car and/or track).

17. Comante

Comante Registered

That is a nice idea, another option could be that a car that I don't own, but that I want to try, could be avaiable on official "tryout" S397 servers. This may help people try the car "for real (against human opponents" especially in the first week or two from a new release. I think this may generate quite a bit of interest, and if the car is appreciated it will sell. So the workings could be : I subscribe to the car I want to try, it is "locked" everywhere except a server or two (maybe it could be used offline for sometime?), then, at any moment, I can decide to buy it, at this point it is completely unlocked.

MarcG likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Something is only worth what people are willing to pay ! If S397 want to charge $10 per car , so be it , now if that product sells well then thats what its worth . If it doesnt sell they will have to reevaluate .
    Do you want bulk sales at $5 or minimal sales at $10 ? 1000 x 5 or 200 x 10 ?

19. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I'll never buy dlc when the game itself is in such an unfinished state. AC and AMS are complete games and their dlc is much cheaper. I don't even have to spend any money on tracks in AC because their mod support -- and therefore their modder community -- is so much better.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What ever is happening it's all really good

Let the tease continue whilst we await

All our wildest dreams will come true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.