Why rFactor 2's Struggled Over the Past Few Years + How It Can Be Fixed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlazingGlory53, May 9, 2018.

1. BlazingGlory53

BlazingGlory53 Registered

So, it's common knowledge that rF2 is by far one of my favorite sims, but I also have to be honest in saying that it has definitely struggled over the ~5 years that it has been available. I decided to make this video sharing my thoughts on it, and some of my thoughts on what needs to be done to improve rF2.

Remember, I rant because I care ;)

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That email must have gone straight to the spam folder. ;)

Will Mazeo and Guimengo like this.
  3. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Your wish for more popular tracks will never happen. That takes more money and clout than S397 has. And modders aren't going to do it for them either.

AC has by far the superior tire model. It's just as realistic (if not more so), but very easy to mod. Everything is more modder friendly. That's why it has quality versions of almost all the tracks everybody wants, and why its player numbers dwarf rF2's.

The best way to improve rF2 is to make it more like AC.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@UsedMomo and all other with a similar attitude.

Do you know what I like about people like you?
    They always think that their personal opinion is the measure of all things.

And it has probably been said thousands of times.
    If you like ac or iracing or super mario cart or whatever, as the best simulation, then please go to their forum and stop boring us here with it.
    That is better for your nerves, and especially better for our nerves too.

I would suggest to act like other people if they don't like something.
    Just ignore it.

And even if i have made the opposite with this post now, i want to remind all others to the good old rule:
    Don't feed the troll.

Mauro, CamiloNino, bwana and 10 others like this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

a fanboy will never understand or accept that
    Good video. Bad driving
    edit: I also think that Isi made a big mistake trying to sell online subscriptions. I think they were relying that big part of rf1 audience would automatically jump in rf2. It was a big hype at the time but like you said, the advanced features scared rf1 modders.
    And modding should be thecore of this software, which Isi failed in rf2 i think (its nice if we have official laserscanned tracks, official cars licenses, etc) but modders could do the same (if not better).
    s397 suceed in in bringring rf2 to basic performance (graphically speaking) with dx11, vr support and better fps performance. In my opinion, its not enough. They should focus on basic things like single player mode with championships, ui, making rf2 more modder and user friendly since day 1

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. Magus

Magus Registered

Completely disagree with those views/sentiments of yours. In fact, I think the complete opposite to your former statement with regards to TM. Each to their own I guess.

Mauro, CamiloNino, bwana and 3 others like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im glad I cant read but just know the third comment on each thread is BS and know to move on !

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I have to ask,if you really believe what you have said,then why would you want rf2 to become like ac,when ac already exists and according to you is better in every way,why not just play that instead.

The fact that you even said what you did either means you don’t mean it,or you’re just trolling

jayarrbee36 and bwana like this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

the guys just a troll he's not giving anything constructive or anything useful at all. Warn him then ban him simple. Im all for criticising rf2s faults, hell its not perfect, but give solutions, not just say it should be like AC - like some kind of adolescent !

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

All these types of discussions have been respeated time & time again
    Nothing new here

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. Travis

Travis Registered

Although the original post is more self serving than the usual posts, I thought the video made some good points, especially the paid for online subscription.

I would neither ban or censure the author of the video; it's an opinion piece not a ''rF2 sucks!!' fan bating video. I hope the moderators view the video in the same way. I've read far worse thoughts about other sims in these forums than anything stated in the video.

Emery and Guimengo like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

my post was aimed at usedmomo not at wills vid. - just to be clear!

I agree with SRPS points about rf2 wholeheartedly. :)

Travis likes this.
  13. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Before I accuse you of talking out of your arse, can you just confirm to me which part of AC's tyre model you think is superior?

peterchen likes this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

Some Valid points in the vid but also nothing new that hasn’t been confirmed by S397 that they are working on .. More and more l get the feeling the rf2 is more aimed and suitable for a more mature demographic than many other titles . It appeals to men and women who don’t suffer the younger generations sense of entitlement that everything MUST be just as they want it and now , something that is oh so common in this day and age

F1Aussie, McKiernan, Filip and 7 others like this.
  15. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Set the tire pressure as low as possible in rF2. This will always be fastest regardless of the fact that the middle of the tire is too cool, which would in real life mean it's too under-inflated to be making good contact with the track.

[​IMG]
    http://www.turnology.com/tech-stori...ny-brown-setting-tire-pressure-for-the-track/

http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-pressure-101-the-cushion-of-air/

16. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

Does that happen when using the same pressure in both games?

Example:
    F138 min pressure in AC is 6psi.
    FISI 2012 min pressure is 15psi.
    Real life min pressure is 16psi.

bwana and Atsuki like this.
  17. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Under-inflated tires in AC make the car handle like it's on ice. I use the proTyres app and maximum grip is always at the recommended pressure.

18. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

Whats the ideal tire pressure for hotlaps?

Kunos: Simple (and real) answer: there isn't one. Pressure, temperatures, slip angles, load, rolling resistance, temperature buildup, temperature spread, camber and tons more, all these values are interacting and influencing each other. There is only one guy with the answer: the chronometer.

bwana and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Relax guys, Studio397 is in the works, nothing comes from night to day, there were lots of things to fix/implement...

One thing i'm sure, Studio397 will kick all these guys in the mouth in some time ;)

muzikant and bwana like this.
  20. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

That's true. All he's saying is correct pressure is only one part of the setup. If one thing is way off, then you're slow. And under-inflated tires are damn slow in AC.