Why lighting looks different from cokcpit view?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by kosmo1982, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The main problem with the car skin is that the alpha channel (reflectivity) don't work with the specular shader (direct sunlight). I have seen car skins with a complete white alpha channel and the result on reflectivity is zero (fresnel reflection only).

Here is an example of a working specular shader. I made this shot with an older build. Check the "Hankook" letters on the car side. These have an almost white alpha channel (high reflectivity) and as a result they should react like chrome and they do. The blue colour is the reflection of the sky.

[​IMG]

2. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Hi everyone,

maybe a stupid question...But should i put the "NoExposurHdr" file?

In advance thanks?

3. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

Hey Tosch,

When I put this file in the mid Ohio I do not see the option for "none" showing up. Is the track not made to work with it?.

Thanks,

mj

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

When the "none" option is missing hdr is disabled. The profile should work for all tracks, but daytime only. It is to dark at night with auto exposure disabled.

@philmcqueen
    You have to put the hdr file inside the settings folder of the track you would like to use it for (rFactor2DataFolder\UserData\player\Settings\Vlm_Midohio).

philmcqueen likes this.
  5. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

Hey,

I do have it working fine in Sebring, I will see what I can do with the Mid OHIO, but for some reason it doesn't want to show up for that track.

Thanks Again,

mj

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I noticed monte carlo '66 has no hdr profiles (ie "none" option missing), but there is still a big difference between running this track with HDR enabled versus disabled in rf2 options, so I don't think HDR gets disabled if "none" option is missing.

This track in particular looks a lot better in build 146. Colors are much more natural I think. It used to be over saturated / over exposed. Someone suggested this is because the skybox had its gamma adjusted. Whatever it is, the standard ISI tracks look a lot better for it.

7. yokelhama

yokelhama Registered

I seem to be having trouble getting this working for build 198, it was fine for the last build. Anyone else having problems?

8. yokelhama

yokelhama Registered

Nobody?

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Bamp for justice. Issue still apparent in build 240.