Why can you zoom in with some track side cameras and not others?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by green serpent, Dec 15, 2017.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

So as the title says, with some track side cameras (the ones that follow the car) you can select freemove and zoom right in on the car and follow it as it moves. But many (if not most) track side cameras, you are unable to zoom even after selecting freemove. This is frustrating because all the trackside cameras seem to be set at the same relatively wide focal length making replays boring to watch.

Getting a little more in depth, if you decide to move the trackside camera around, it puts everything out of whack and the camera won't follow the car properly (actually this can sometimes be used to get some fairly creative shots), anyways it would be great if you could set up a camera anywhere you want on the track, and have it follow the car.

I know that this would be extremely low on the list for S397, (and I'm sure this has been mentioned many times before) but it would be even more rad if we had full control over a virtual camera i.e the focal length, aperture, shutter speed and so on.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If I am not wrong it is possible to move them, but you need to assign the special key buttons for them. It is been like that since rF1. It should be simplified.