Why are racing gloves so ugly looking in most RF2 cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

In most cars available in RF2, the racing gloves are very crude compared to other sims (see replays of AC for instance).
    The only exception I can remember now is F1RFT2013.
    Doesn't help giving a good impression of RF2 to potential new users.

Cheers.

Guimengo likes this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

I prefer the hairy knuckles of the cobra/panos/historics

3. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I dare say someone turned off because of the look of the gloves in-cockpit aren't going to stay with the game anyway.

Slamfunk3 and bwana like this.
  4. apocapollo

apocapollo Registered

Kunos sells off the rights to gloves to manufacturers. Previously it was Alpinestars. Now it's Sparco. The gloves have to be high quality.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I see my own hands and wheel, why would I want to see another another.
    If you drive in cockpit view with realistic fov I never understood the logic of hands and wheel displayed.
    Each their own I suppose when driving.
    Saying all that though, I do understand for replay viewing and video making some fashionista may be "Ewww, those gloves are sooo last year!"
    Those people are probably Lewis Hamilton fans. :p

I'm here for racing and fun, I've often said I don't give two hoots about "looks" we're only playing a game simulating auto racing ffs!
    I'd have no problems if there was only one skin left to pick and it was pink with yellow polka dots. ;)

Slamfunk3, bwana and rer8 like this.
  6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ignore the gloves

Focus on your race craft & the track

(-;

bwana likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

I honestly have never noticed it. These are the gloves from F2 car, looks fine to me. I doubt F1RFT made new gloves from scratch, they probably just use an updated texture on the standard ISI model.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

GRAB_001.JPG GRAB_002.JPG
    I can see a difference, and I prefer F1RFT2013 gloves to USF2000's, but it is just my opinion.
    I understand that some of us don't bother, some choose to play AC, Pcars or Automovilista.
    Cheers.

bwana likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

For VR usage it might me good at one point to put in some more polygons, better shaders and textures for driver arms and clothes. Got to say though, that the quality of the USF2000 clothes is better compared to the RFT2013 mod. The RFT hands are too blocky. Anyway, it's a detail but nothing gamebreaking. If people are put off by stuff like that they really need to think about their priorities in racing sims. rF2 driver arms are not the best in business but I wouldn't call them ugly.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Cool mate, can you start not giving 2 hoots about this kind of thread then? would be very usefull, thanks in advance

That said, some open wheel gloves are nice but overall the 3d dude needs an update, I just hope they won't add moving hands for gear change while we drive (or if they do add an option to disable) but they should make them move in replay synchronized with the moments we shift

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Not my problem if you are sensitive and get easily upset that people have different ideas to you.
    I'm sure all of your opinions are useful and agreeable.
    I don't see where the OP wrote they didn't want any opinions.
    Just so you are clear on what the definition of a forum is, Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

MarcG likes this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

Things can be well made and yet not look good in present time. Game graphics is a constantly moving target and I would say the average rF2 car was built ~4 years ago (including gloves) if you take the mean age of all content. The GT500 that was just released was previewed back in 2013. Heck, the Malaysia that's in rF2 is based on 2007 layout (probably built in 2008 or 2009) and it will never look good in 2017 in some ultra HD / VR mode, no matter if the game engine uses DX11 or DX13.

With physics engine, games like raceroom or pcars get away by using a 10-year old rF1 engine with slight modifications. With graphics for some reason, gloves that looked fine 2 years ago are now suddenly deemed ugly, but it's just the way it is I guess.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh no worries, I'm not sensitive to this, it's just annoying that any kind of thread like this there is always someone like you that does not care but is still here to post it. And always in a way that could push a new guy away of the forums (I don't mean the OP obviously), some of the guys here are professionals on doing this lol
    Re read your post. Have a good day.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017