why all the passwords

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reflex, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Reflex

Reflex Registered

Hi all, so ive bought rf2 beta having never driven rfactor 1 & im shocked how good it is. Been racing lfs a few years & raced several leagues & run servers but got fed up waiting for updates. Went to try rf2 online only to find many of the popular servers are already passworded, doesn't seem a very friendly place to race.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I agree people are paranoid. ISI's servers aren't passworded. I went into an empty server and within minutes 5 people had joined. Don't be shy. Be a leader and join an empty server and the followers will come. lol.

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Typically, what you're seeing are leagues--folks who normally run password protected servers. I was online not long ago and there were a more than a few open servers that had a good number of people in them. I would expect more and more of these to open up with time.

Expect it to pick up as we move forward... :)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Those people also tend to want to see how it works and what they can do before they make it public. Bit of patience :)

5. Reflex

Reflex Registered

Thanks guys for your quick response, looks like im a huge nooooooob in rf2 with much to learn. ;)

6. RRA-MArk

RRA-MArk Registered

We just got it today! I think ALL of us have a lot to learn!

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

The last night I connected to one of the ISI dedicated server.
    On race start, cars has been lined up on the grid, and 'begin formation lap' command has been written on chat.

Guess what people did? they start racing, overtaking and made a huge crash on T1. Really, I'm not joking.

So the answer is: servers are passworded to avoid accessing them by stupid morons.

8. sway

sway Registered

I'm running 2 open servers right now and I'd love if we could fill them up. They are hosted out of VA,USA and I want to do some load testing. I'm actually hoping to launch 4-5 more in the coming days. I'm thinking of launching one in europe as a lot of these members seem to be from overseas. Let me know where you guys would like to see an open server and I'll try and get one close. :)

The Labels should be "RACEGRID.NET Demo Box #" If you hit any problems with the boxes at all (connection issues, etc) you can PM me here or email me: admin @ racegrid . net (Email is preferred.)

-Sway