Why all the negativity towards Formula Renault 3.5?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

normally on top of the server list. Accr

2. Novis

Novis Registered

Isn't this related to turning off some video setting? I think it was shadow effects or something like that. I have the same problem but it can easy be solved by upping the setting a notch.

3. Novis

Novis Registered

My view of the FR3.5 is that is a severely confused car. The suspension range is way off and you have to run the car at extreme settings. The areo is also very unbalanced. I will not hold that against ISI though as they probably like to show us how what can be done with the new physics.

4. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Does anybody here can make this car to run smooth through the first corner in Sepang? I tried all the adjust possible and the car always bounces unrealisticly in this corner. Since you think that there is no problem in this car, maybe you can show me that the problem is with me. Could you help?

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Actually a well made car in a simulator is easer and more intuitive to drive as they follow a consistant rule set and the fact that real world cars are actually far easer to drive than cars in even the best sims at the moment more so in a slow car like this 3.5.

Its really hard to drive fast and consistent instantly in allot of codemasters games because the physics are mental and designed around a joy pad.

So if the car was spot on sure you might not master it in a day but you should be able to get to track pace with it within 25-30 laps.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

First off I'm not trying to change your mind that you don't like this car. :D

With the default setup have you tried to drop all of the tire pressures to minimum? If not, do 15 laps like that and tell me if you "feel" anything different.

7. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

if it will ever get an upgrade in sound, then it will be 10 out of 10.

8. O11

O11 Registered

Did some laps today. And it's still getting better. I can make it slide on purpose now. :D
    Even oversteer slides at corner entry come naturally now. Loving it more and more. Wish I had a smaller steering wheel though. The G25 wheel is a bit big for the fast inputs this car requires I think.

At first I cursed this car and thought it was a bunch of crap. But with the setup I have now it's a treat to drive.

9. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Now that my system can actually get above 30fps (on build 49) I am also loving the FR 3.5 I held it in a controlled slide with a none force feedback wheel which says something to how good the game engine is. I think it has some unusual traits, I sometimes think the front wheels are going to get ripped off, but it is a cool car to race in. I actually did a race with me in the FR 3.5 and 1 AI car in a 60's F1 car which was silly but really interesting to see just how much downforce makes the difference in the corners (and how much drag it creates on the straights). All in all I'm loving rFactor 2 and I think it's immensely exciting that this is only the start.

10. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

The FR 3.5 at Mills is easily my favourite race to drive. But it requires a near-total change to the car's setup; the default is simply dreadful. Like the OP, I'm hanging out for some modern F1 cars.

11. Krazyrider

Krazyrider Registered

Im looking forward to this. I always drove F3 on rf because they are fast enough to race on a PC and still need to be handled with care. You can feel the car sliding in fast corners such as SPA - my favourite track and car. Watching cockpit replays, you can see the front wheels vibrating and sliding, just amazing.

No need for F1 speed to have lots of fun racing. Always wondered why more people go for F1 rather than mid-sized engine open wheelers. More people should try them out, and need less car setup than F1.

I hope that rf2 will also have recent F3 Euro cars. Cant wait to try it out. Thanks ISI.

12. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Just did a variable weather race at Sepang against AI and it was fun.

I still stand by my comments regarding the feeling of a lack of downforce at high speed (yes I have the max downforce upgrade). A few setup changes and the back end stepping out under any sort of power is better but still not great. I am still bemused by the sideways sliding at 30km/hr on the out lap off line. I think the cold tyre/offline treatment needs some adjustment but once up to temperature it feels better but again, I'd still play this mod last of the three and by some margin.

The sound gives me anything but immersion. I feel like I'm driving a big scalextric car, not a 500bhp+ thoroughbred single-seater who's acceleration and downchanges feel like being punched by a solid object to the back of the head, with a deafening roar of a V8 rattling your fillings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTNlNRif8w&feature=related

13. Krazyrider

Krazyrider Registered

14. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Cheers mate, hadn't got around to that forum yet so thanks for the heads-up. Video sounds good, I hope the incar stuff matches.

15. Amiga500

Amiga500 Registered

The FR3.5 is the only pack I use - the FFB is simply great on a Driving Force GT.

Finding it tough to get a setup that can handle the bumps though - anyone any recommendations? Soft tyres and stiffer springs or the other way round?

Also, are there any telemetry add-ons for rf2 around? (perhaps not yet given the early development) I'm not sure whether I'm smacking bump stops or grounding out in T5 at Mills (the bumpy 3rd gear left) - either way, sometimes the front just bounces out and I understeer straight to the gravel!!

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Motec-Plugin

There is motec for you done by lazza.

17. Amiga500

Amiga500 Registered

Thanks Cdn (and Lazza!)

18. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

they handle great just set them up if you do not know learn I know tyres and that are not right yet but with the use of Tims set up Tool and MoTeC they handle great the only down side it tyre temps getting out of control but they soon cool again How many of you that have complained have spen at least 1 day on all the chassis to learn what effects they have how many of you have spend time checking your tyre temp in the corner that puts the largest load of one of the tyre as this is where you check temps not back in the pits once they have cooled and are not true cornering temps all these things help get set ups right
    Rather than say they are impossible to drive as they are not there is so much in formation of set ups here using motec and Racedepartment.com there you can download others set up they are all rubbish as set ups are driver specific but you might find one that you can use to at least get a time once at that point start to tweak it to your liking the worst thing that you can do when setting up a car is change multipul items on a set up at one time as you then never know exactly what has done what to the car, always change 1 thing go out on track do 3 laps compare them to the last 3 remember tyre temp spread across tyre are effected by all spring and damper settings as well as pressure

19. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Now Changed to A.R.I

20. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

If you use correct punctuation your posts will become easier to read and make more sense. You make some valid points but I'm getting a headache trying to read it.

I have taken enough time and have driven the mod long enough to establish my thoughts above. Hence why I wrote my opinion 6 weeks after release, and not two hours after build 49. They are not impossible to drive, no one in this thread actually said that. I stand by my viewpoint that a car with that amount of downforce should not be that nervous in high speed corners. I've watched many seasons of the category and they don't feel like they respond like they look like they should. Just my opinion.

Don't know if any of you actually watch the series and think the same?