Who thinks Studio 397 should get Ginetta on board?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by EagleRacer22, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Should Studio 397 get Ginetta on board?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Only if they add Blyton Park as well.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Ah Ah.

We can not all have good tastes.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Only because I and many others very rarely if ever drive it. It would have to be payware and seeing as the GT3 pack only sold about 4k copies in a 55k+ community that just shows for me, how pointless it would be.

RF2 has loads of tracks but not as many cars. More cars, then focus on shiny shiny laser scans. Even then, do ones people are going to race on in leagues and stuff.

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You kindly made fun of me ... I did the same ;) .

By cons do not forget that a large part of the users are offline players. Even though there are hardly any representatives of these users on the different forums.

This affects the necessary circuits on rf2. The nords requires a level of technicality and driving without "problems" during a long time that does not make it can not be really accessible for online (perhaps).

4. Tackset

Tackset Registered

I would definitely welcome a rear wheel drive sports car of this caliber. It will allow for great and close racing.

I hope to see a natural progression in the cars available in rf2 and for the sports cars i think this would be an amazing addition.

MarcG and patchedupdemon like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I didn't make fun of you at all. I'm only saying what I'd rather see.

TheGame316 likes this.
  6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Ginetta might be a good brand to strike a deal with, because they have a ladder of GT and Prototype cars. I would like to see their LMP3 (because it might be slow enough for me) and LMP1 (because it's new). That might be something that would suit S397's hopes for a competition structure. And also, real drivers in those lower series might appreciate a consumer-level sim. A cup series could haul around a couple of sim-rigs for the fans. In theory it might make for a reasonable collaboration. In reality there are the issues of time and money. But in theory... :D

https://www.ginetta.com/our-cars
    https://www.ginetta.com/news/ginetta-lmp1-chosen-by-manor-and-trs-racing-for-2018-19-fia-wec

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Ginetta as a brand presents interesting aspects on certain models, I agree.

The junior G40 does not interest me though. We should look at the specifications of the G40 cup, which could be more interesting.

In the same kind of car very light, good little engine and very sporty, one that would interest me would be the Lotus Exige S : I did not drive but I traveled on circuit about 15 km with. Really very suitable for small circuits and even circuits like Toban I think.

And it remains a serial (stock) car so it would be an interesting input for RF2. Even if in this area I dream more than a supercar type 812 superfast or LaFerrari.

8. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

If you look at the other replies, Navigator, it's not just me that this would please.

9. WSVR

WSVR Registered

10. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

Hello WSVR,
    I watched the video and I am immediately interested. Could you please send more info on this car.

11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I look forward to hearing more about it too. And what track is that?

12. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

The track is Ginetta's own test track.

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Do you mean Blyton Park? I’ve only driven a few laps there one my one visit so I’m no expert but I don’t recognise any of it. I drove this layout

is the video above one of the alternate layouts?

bwana likes this.
  14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Track in video is S397's NOLA.

Seven Smiles and bwana like this.
  15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Thanks, I'd let that one pass me by.

16. WSVR

WSVR Registered

It's in the works currently but taking a bit of a back step whilst we finish off our BTCC cars. Model is pretty much done just needs physics

Eddy likes this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

S397 are allegedly working with Tataus (or however it's spelled) so F4 might be a possibility. Since we'd have F4, Ginettas (if this happened) and the Flat 6, Clios, and BTCC mods, you could replicate an entire BTCC weekend!

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

For me these are the cars i want in every sim. Pretty much the only reason why i like Project cars.

Ive seen these many a times at Brand Hatch (supporting british GT) and its always bumper to bumper fun racing. Slower cars mostly always create the best racing imo. Love to see these variants.

Rather have the cup car rather than the GT version. I think single spec car/series are the only way fwd in rf2 imo. Or even the older g20 be nice to have the g40 jnr and the g40 cup car.. (should be easier to make as one model with an upgrade maybe?!)

a rf2 ffb and physics version of this would be a dream

http://www.virtualr.net/ginetta-supercup-assetto-corsa-1-4-now-available-download

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    AlanK likes this.
  19. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I'd love a G12.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

I think a lot of players overrate monster cars, everyone want to race F1 or driver killer cars, but truth is, a lot of people, especially newbies lack the skill to manage them. I see this a lot with leagues that setup F1 championships and the like, maybe they even dumb down a bit the car to make newbies be able to finish a race and to level the things up. The end result instead is that fast players can be even faster, and slow player take a long time to catch up the lack of experience... and newbies give up the championship halfway. We should see more racing with cars like these Ginettas, people will have fun and set the foundation to learn fast driving. There are little thing frustrating like trying to learn fast driving on a F1.

SlowMike and Tackset like this.