Which wheel should I get next?!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jarmour, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions of a new wheel. I currently have a logitech DFGT, which I have had some technical difficulties with in terms of finding a solid setup, but I have found a fairly comfortable point with it now and it does ok

I am now considering getting a slightly more advanced wheel, however I'm not sure which to go for and what the perks would be of buying one.

Firstly, would a more expensive wheel show better results I.e. Make lap times faster/FFB more solid and give a more realistic feeling?

What wheel should I be looking at? Unfortunately I don't have a very large budget - probably between 200-300 pounds, what are my best options?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

2. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I would recommend making do with what you have until you can double that budget, what you can get for 2-3 hundred will not be much of an upgrade. Apparently one of the best in the world at iRacing uses the very wheel you have already. But you are looking about £350 for a G27, £400 for a T500rs, or maybe a fanatec gt3rsV2 with some clubsport pedals. That's what I use. After that level you are looking at about £750 and more all the way up to the bodnar at £2.6K (and that doesn't include pedals, or a wheel rim!).

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I aint up to date with the more advanced wheels of today but I do know when I changed over from DFGT to the Logitech G27 it was a world of difference.
    So much smoother, more feedback, more control. it did increase laptimes/skills simply because it was better then before.
    In that respect upgrading to a (any) more advanced wheel will be for the better. (provided that you driving skills are up to it, no offence of course)

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

This was my experience too. Noticeable step up from DFGT to G27, especially the pedals.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Had DFGT, got a T500. It makes a very noticeable difference in 1) force and 2) quality and definition of FFB.
    Definitely worth upgrading to T500 if you ask me, but I haven't tried the G27.

6. coops

coops Banned

pedals 1: hydraulic , 2: load cell , 3:spring
    wheel 1:fanatec CSW, 2: thrust master T500 , 3: Logitech g25/27

IMHO Logitech g25/27 is a good step up......... Some people use your wheel with a good set of pedals.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

A better wheel won't make you any faster.

8. coops

coops Banned

^^ brakes will

9. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Thanks for the feedback! I think that I may go for the G27. I have seen quite a lot of the wheel and if I'm honest I would like the t500 but with the ad ons that I want it would cost a lot! Cheers guys.