Which sim is best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TonyRickard, Jun 5, 2011.

1. vali

vali Registered

Yes.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

+1,
    but moderators don't react on his rude behawior.

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

[​IMG]

Settled.. rFactor2 is best..

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

[​IMG]

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Image adblocked because your a dick Canadian Racer.. That's the second one in this thread I had to perma-block.

6. Taranta

Taranta Registered

7. Revvin

Revvin Registered

Yes, his behaviour is worse than those he claims to be fanboys. Rude and insulting behaviour.

8. Jeremy_D

Jeremy_D Registered

I PMed Tim W about him but I guess they will let him continue. He really is a waste of space on here.

9. bmanic

bmanic Registered

Yes. It's a shame there isn't an ignore or mute function on these forums. Oh well, there will always be tiny dogs barking loud. :)

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well if you're trying to weird me out denzer it worked. I didn't realise you were 11 years old.

11. Jeremy_D

Jeremy_D Registered

Im not trying to do anything other than get you to treat people with a little respect. As you can see you have wore out your welcome. As far as age I think your posts speak loudly about your age/IQ.

I just found the ignore feature. Go to his profile and you can ignore him from there.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
  12. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

rF1
    From this:

To this:

rF2 seems to start with a very much higher level... :cool:

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Quote from Tony retard Rickard on the iR forums.

"iRacing represents the current breed of cutting edge simulations and will strive to remain at the forefront of sim technology as it continues its development."

Yeah he's not a fanboy, he's just a fan of sim racing. LMFAO. Internet or face to face if you're talking crap I'll call you out on it and that's what he was doing here, talking CRAP. I didn't realise you all were a bunch of cry babies with glass feelings.

14. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I really don't understand why you have to resort to calling people names. In this post you not only called someone a retard, you also called the rest of us cry babies. Your behavior is, frankly, unwarranted. I can't wait to see what you have to say about me now, even though you don't know anything about me.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'll do one attempt which is probably futile.

Nobody cares about what you think of Mr. Rickard. its of no importance at all.
    Whether he is a fanboy or not, also unimportant, it doesnt effect our opinions nore does it effect ISI or iRacing. if he is a fanboy, fine, free world and all, who cares. if he isn't, same awnser.

The thing you dont seem to get is that Mr. Rickard is posting here as a normal adult, no agressive behaviour, no swearing, just making converstaion with whatever point of view he has to offer.
    You on the other hand.....well just click your own profile and browse through your posts, 70% is abusive stuff, and not just towards Mr.Rickard either. it doesn't even matter anymore if you are right or wrong, or what the topic is. you'r a troll and you know it and you are deliberately on the edge of what is acceptable. Once ISI decides it is enough you will most likely start a simulair campain against ISI on other forums, you just can't help yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  17. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

In the context of people just not grasping that sim technology will change as computer power and software engineering capability improves. Sim racing models will change just as rFactor2 will be significantly better than rFactor. There is a belief amongst a few that cutting edge simulations should be perfect. Yet that is no more true than a cutting edge car of the eighties was or even a modern day car. They will improve and automobiles are a far more mature technology than racing simulations.

Anyway think about the sentence and what the current breed consists of. Who knows maybe rFactor2 will join the current breed of cutting edge simulations. iRacing will strive to remain at the forefront but that as an aspiration is a given.

Just as BMW and Audi represent the current breed of cutting edge technology in compact exec cars and both will strive to remain at the forefront of technology as they continue development

18. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

Lol thread [​IMG] don't unsuscribe keep going! [​IMG]

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So.... What you're saying is, I shouldn't have the MacBook I'm typing on at the moment, and shouldn't have Windows 7 installed on it. I also shouldn't have the PC in the corner of the room. I think all you've really done there is renamed the simulations, because I'd just go straight back to Tony's original post and say that if you like both, use both. I don't see that you really made a point... You just renamed things? There should be nobody who has a problem with using more than one sim as a consumer... I use multiple OS on my machines because they give me different things that I want. If money is your issue, buy what you can afford, is something else is your issue, decide based on that. I'm really not sure this is difficult to just do or don't do something, use or don't use something... If you dislike something, that's fine, but if someone else likes what you don't, so what? Hell, during the early dev days of iRacing when I was there we used to have a department race each week using (mainly) Live for Speed for team building. Amazing, huh? :)

There's one wonderful, wonderful thing that nobody seems to value and you all have it: CHOICE.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I first raced against Tony in a league race in 1999. That was a few years before iRacing. Just thought I would switch a light on, hope it enlightens you.

Edit: Also, how was his quote wrong? New sims come along and they are cutting edge aren't they? Until they get beaten, and then that one gets beaten, and then that one gets beaten. And it's important to note: Beating is only in the eye of the beholder. Some still argue rF1's merits against iRacing, while others will argue iRacing's merits against rF2.

In 2005, rFactor was absolutely cutting edge, if someone said that on a forum would you attack them for it once rFactor 2 is released? I hope not.