Which Ports are used by rFactor2?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Franklin, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Franklin

Franklin Registered

Hello,

I have the problem that my gaming PC is running behind a firewall. Now I would like to open only the ports for the PC on the firewall that are necessary to play rFactor2.

Does anybody has an overview which ports are used by rFactor2 and what they are used for?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Franklin

2. aidylad

aidylad Registered

I'd like to know how to get the dedicated server working too. I've opened ports 44297 and 54297 for both UDP and TCP. Ive added rfactor2.exe and rfactor2 dedicated.exe to windows firewall exception list. My server shows up in matchmaker and I can join but no one else can.

3. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I beleave you only have to open ports if you are behind a router.
    Not behind a firewall but I guess it depends on what fire wall you are using.

but these are the ports I opened/forwarded in my router and it has been working great.

TCP 54347, 44297, 54297,

UDP 54297, 44297, 54397,

Good luck hope it helps
    Ruben

4. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

If you don't have a router you'd better have a firewall; if you have a router it's dumb to have a firewall (software).

I also needed to forward port 54347. Disable your firewall (or get rid of it if you have a router and use Firefox) and see what happens. Even with the necessary exceptions, software firewalls still screw things up.

Alan

5. Franklin

Franklin Registered

Hi Ruben,

thank you for this info. I will try it later when back at home. In the moment I am sitting at working.

And you are right, I have a firewall running on a router in my network at home. And therefor I need the ports. Maybe ISI should add these information to their "First Installation Guide" as this would be interesting for a lot of people I think!

6. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

@Alan ,

A couple of things , I remember having a very brief post with you a couple of days ago whereby I indicated that I could only get on my hosted server only by clicking the LAN connnection button .After my regular racing buddy came on for the first time he joined my server after forwarding the ports recommended no problem at all ,but when I tried to join again would'nt let so I tried the lan button and i accessed my server and had a good session.

The other is regarding the comment above where you say you should disable firewall if using FIREFOX .I have never heard anything about this .Can you clarify why this comes into play as I use Firefox and wondered if this is an issue

Cheers