Which GT3 Car do you think is the most realistic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sanchit Rathi, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Just a question to all the users out there, which of the GT3 cars, S397 or otherwise, do you think is the most realistic in terms of replicating the exterior, interior , dashboard and systems.

I was just comparing the rFactor 2 cars to the iRacing ones. In general and I noticed that the iRacing ones had the systems replicated better (e.g the porsche cup car has a different display when on pit limiter than when off)

So I was wondering which car is the best at replicating the real world one within rFactor 2. And why you think so.

I think its an interesting conversation and I would love to hear from you guys!

muz_j likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You wont find too many comparisons about the interiors or systems. you may get users who have driven both who will compare the driving.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rFactor 2 doesn't support vehicle systems and displays very well. Something hopefully improves there in the future.

4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...interesting question.
    I'm replying mainly so I've got a "bookmark" in my profile posts section to check back on this, as I have no idea.
    My only real contribution would be to state the obvious - to accurately answer your question, you would need to have a good understanding of the real world layouts and systems - and I'm not particularly into GT3 cars (in saying that I own the S397 ones - mainly to expand the amount of online servers that are available to me).

...it would be interesting if a real world GT3 driver, who knew the current top level racing sim's chimed into the conversation.

Sanchit Rathi likes this.
  5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I do not want to comment on physics because it is subjective, but realism is not just physics/feel. As such, I personally prefer Apex GT3 cars - better damage model compared to DLC (lost parts, burning engines) and real series based skins (vs eSports).

6. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Thanks to all of you guys for all your replies! Im glad this has got a conversation going, would be great to hear from some real GT3 car drivers as well e.g Dennis Lind.

When I speak of realism in terms of interior and systems I mean something like having the exact same dashboard screens. e.g the porsche has side LEDs on the dashboard that work as rev lights whereas in the real world they work as wheel lockup indicators.
    Dont get me wrong I feel the S397 cars are fun and great but lack that immersion. That is why I wanted to hear from you as to what has been the car youve driven on rfactor 2 that gave you that really great immersion when in the cockpit.

Once again thanks to all you guys for your replies. For the sake of this specific conversation we are keeping the physics and tire models out of this conversation and mainly discussing interior and exterior aesthetics and vehicle systems immersion. As there are other threads for the vehicle physics.

Lets keep this conversation going, who knows maybe the devs also see this and something great comes out of it. :D

7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I drive a lot on rf2 & iracing, I find the FFB/physics combo more immersive on rF2 I have a better feeling with the GT3 of S397, I've never driven a GT3 so I don't know if it's realistic, for the rest cockpit, system & dashboard it's a reproach I've often made to S397 it's not iracing level, I have to be honest, why I don't know. ... limitation of the rf2 engine? lack of time to do things right? S397 really needs to correct these deficiencies with major updates on cockpit, system and sounds!!
    I trust the devs of rf2 they have a lot of work in front of them, especially with the new UI and the future competition system but don't let them forget the bugs and polishing of their content!

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Those dashboard lights you mentioned were pointed out by users here almost immediately. But S397 is neck deep in re-writing it's Ui & delivering an online competition framework. Also slowing things down has been the gradual transition to PBR based shaders. Because of these, very few car details have been addressed. S397 has provided new life to rF2, but the list of unresolved issues is getting longer rather than shorter.

atomed likes this.
  9. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Thank you Dave and Sebastien for your contribuitions. you guys make good points. And I understand that the people at S397 are busy with the UI and the competition stuff, but it would be a shame to let the cars go. I understand that esports is booming due to the lack of real life racing at the moment due to the pandemic, therefore it is beneficial for S397 to develop the competition framework. But I think people will definitely appreciate the vehicles being updated and a bit more in depth.

I have faith in the people at S397 and I have a lot of respect for their work therefore I leave it upto their judgement but I think they can have a small team working on tweaking the cars they offer as it can offer a lot to their users and attract more new users. I believe a small team working on the same would be sufficient since the changes to the vehicles arent mega or drastic in my opinion.

I am making a series of posts within the "wish list" subforum wherein im making a post per car and the wishes for the car. If you would like to add to it please find it within the wishlist subforum. Until now I have only done the M6.

Thanks for your replies and contributions everyone and I look forward to more comments and views from all you guys :)

davehenrie and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  10. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I only play rf2, ams and acc so I'm gonna have to say acc.

It's a real shame that S397 wont fix the bugs/missing pieces of their DLC content that people actually payed for. Instead it seems like they rather jump on the next piece DLC. I don't care too much if the free content is missing some details, but when I pay for content I expect a higher standard.

11. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

@M.Vindis thanks for your contribution! And yes I agree with you ACC is very detailed and honestly a great sim for anyone interested in GT3 Racing. I too own the game unfortunately I use a PC which isnt strong enough to run it. So my only option for a good game with timed GT3 endurance racing is RF2 (Maybe AMS2 in the future, I dont want to play on PC2 because you cant choose opponents specifically).

And I agree I think we users deserve good content once paid for, I think that the cars are cheaper and less accurate than iRacing vehicles, but I dont mind paying a bit more for the level of detail offered in iRacing.

The best way forward is to further develop the released vehicles bit by bit, and release future vehicles really detailed even if its at a 3-5 euro premium compared to now.

Thanks once again for your views and keeping the conversation going :)

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have experience with rF2, ACC and PC2 when it comes to GT3 racing. Recently I made a PC upgrade so I am now able to run ACC with decent performance. It's a pretty good software with good visuals, much improved FFB and handling compared to AC and the sound is pretty nice. I am still not sure though if UE4 is a good choice when it comes to sim racing. I am playing on high settings and the image is still pretty blury, up to a point where I can't read the dash screens. They are very detailed and functional but this get's problematic if I can't read the freakin' dash infront of my face. So in that regard I prefere the rF2 dash screens even if they don't offer as much functionality due to the allready mentioned engine limitations.

Last year I took part in a PC2 GT3 league wich was good fun aswell, but I still can't get my hear around the wierd FFB and handling characteristics of the cars. Physics and FFB wise it's simply not on the same level as ACC and rF2.

With rF2 it's a bit of a two edged sword. I really like the handling and FFB of all the cars and the sound is ok aswell, certainly better as in PC2, but the cars lack a bit of polish in the visual departement. Now without going too much into a sim vs sim debate, I think that each sim offering GT3s has something going for it. I haven't tested them but even the GT3 cars in Raceroom might be something to try. Something that let's rF2 down in my opinion right now is the AI and their behaviour under FCY and changing weather conditions. If that was fixed, I would propably spent most of my time in rF2 due to the great options to customize the game.