Where will rfactor be in 10 years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalmation, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Binny

Binny Guest

Honestly elec cars, most countries are struggling to supply the power needed now. Imagine thousands of cars running off the grid you might have to choose between heating, cooking dinner or charging the car. Definitely a agenda going on around the world.

green serpent likes this.
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

In 10 years, 2020's GT3 will finally be historic cars nobody want to touch anymore. Though Simracers will still be locked 24/24 on Spa and Monza in Summer at 2pm in clear weather, driving whatever is red and cool by then.

3. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

As a simracer, in 10 years, i'll drive a yellow and a bit of blue car and maybe a bit of pink (if i'm on good mood), i'm sure about that.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Analysis from a year ago found that if every US car was electric (like, instantly, tomorrow), the country's overall energy need would increase by 25%. I bet that's a lot less than you were imagining.

How do I know that? I googled it 2 mins ago, after reading your post.

Instead of sitting there saying "I don't know how this could work, it's an agenda that makes no sense" try actually searching.

5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

As it stands now, so called 'renewable' energy simply cannot provide reliable power to an entire country, let alone a country that fully moves to EVs. Maybe in 10 years things will change, but right now, the tech doesn't exist to store energy on a mass scale.
    I am not against EVs or renewable energy, I am against an agenda that is promising something without showing exactly how it will work or how much it will cost.
    The only real option is to go nuclear, or I think we will be burning dead dinosaurs for many years to come.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

That 25% number varies quite a bit from sources , also it is not JUST 25% increase thats no small increase. remember not every country has first world infrastructure.

also check this very detailed video out >

Binny and memoNo1 like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

where will we be in ten years? hahahaha:rolleyes:

8. doddynco

doddynco Registered

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks for the video responding to comments I didn't make. I was concentrating solely on the amount of energy required in that impossible scenario.

The switch won't actually happen overnight (you might have noticed) and the means will be worked out along the way. We don't need to decide right now that it can't work - there is demand, the tide will shift, and sensible workable solutions will be devised. There'll be money in doing so.

The issue of power availability and renewables is interesting - again bearing in mind it doesn't actually need to happen tomorrow - because many power issues today could be reduced by wider use of renewable technologies we already have. Not fancy future tech; the tech we have right now. That's what energy experts are saying, anyway.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

don't know where it would be in 10yrs but I am really sad to see where it is today looking at Steam online charts
    Green is RF2, AMS2 is the blue one, ACC the white and you guess orange being AC

not saying these charts are an indicator of how enjoyable is the Sim but Global online traction is really poor with RF2 and that's really a pity

upload_2022-7-31_9-25-57.png

12. Binny

Binny Guest

Remember in this scenario you speak of you would have no other power than renewables so IMHO still in possible dont know a country in the world this could happen or is happening in. If you have that info pls supply TYVM.

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if rfactor is your sim, enjoy it...instead of worrying about stats that are really useless,

Bjørn likes this.
  14. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I do enjoy the Game as i mentioned

Not sure the investors have the same feelings when they look at Online stats though and they are the ones supporting RF2 development you know before actual Sales come

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The only scenario I spoke of (when answering you) was all cars suddenly being electric. Nothing to do with all power supply being renewable.

With a bit of further reading though I did find that apparently if all power were to come from (currently available) renewables, along with all cars being electric, overall energy use would actually reduce by about 30% because renewables and EV are inherently more efficient (fewer losses in energy production, and electric motors being more efficient than ICE).

Anyway, I'm not here representing any movement to switch to renewables or EV, I just tend to look stuff up and respond when I see people taking a firm stance on a subject and perhaps not actually taking all the available information in. It's nothing personal and I'm just as happy to stop talking about this stuff here and leave any further research (or not) to your own discretion, for your own amusement.

(I tend to enter political discussions the same way, which never ends well - I get labelled as being on one side or the other and have to carefully extricate myself.. I have stronger views on stuff like moon landing conspiracies but although my motivation has been stronger there, the arguments are brain-frazzling with people who don't understand basic physics. But I digress.)

Binny, David Short and Remco Majoor like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I doubt that the investors are paying attention to that, I think they rather look at other things,... perhaps the bosses do look at what they sell and the acceptance that the sales have, to know where they have to continue offering what material or what product they take out whether or not they have a sale...but I don't think we should be thinking or worrying about what they will do, even less with the decision-making capacity we have, that is, none:);)

17. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

It would be good and see more motor racing in it. Moto and rally and more could happen?

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll be content if we get the red stripe on the Porsche Steering wheel.

19. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

where is "here" ?