Where is the start up window?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by linebacker, Mar 31, 2021.

1. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Hi All
    Ive been away from Rf2 for quite awhile. A couple of weeks ago I updated rf2 but didnt have time to check it out.
    Today l started it up and theres a new UI and when I start rf2 it goes straight into the sim, where is window where you can set the video options and the mod manager and the rest of it?
    Are they gone?
    thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The launcher is gone. You can open the video settings by clicking the rF2 PLAY button in steam.

Modmgr needs to be run directly, though best done with a shortcut and either +path=".." in the target, or change the start in folder to the rF2 root folder.

3. linebacker

linebacker Registered

What if i dont start the game through steam? Also because im on a laptop i keep getting the insufficient memory message. I used to go to the launcher and change the video setting but now i cant do that. Ill try launching it through Steam. Thanks for the advice.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can create a windows shortcut to it (it's in the bin64 folder) but you must set the "start in" folder of the shortcut to your main rF2 folder. See below for example:

upload_2021-3-31_12-25-47.png

lagg likes this.
  5. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Good tip Woodee thanks.
    One more question, how do you preview the cars without going into the showroom?

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If you mean see their liveries? Mods that aren't updated for the new UI will always be the car under fabric.

7. linebacker

linebacker Registered

I understand, thanks again