Where is the reset car button???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fedexpress, Jan 11, 2012.

1. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

I'm finding it extremely annoying that I have to restart a practice run form the pits everytime i crash

Where is the reset car button???

I have looked in the config and it's not there?

please add it!!!

2. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

anyone??

Tim???

3. blanes

blanes Registered

This old thread never got answered it seems ?

And I just came here searching for an answer to this exact question - is there a reset car to track button ?

It sure does need one when practicing a track, especially when you bite the ground hard at Spa doing a ton !

4. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

There was another thread asking the same thing, at the moment there isn't one.
    If you think the game needs it I would suggest creating a thread in the 'Wish list' forum (if a similar request has not been made already.)

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I think most hardcore sim's don't have a reset to track function, as obviously you can't do that in real life. It could also screw up peoples races online having a car appear in front of them.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Turn off damage, invincible or whatever it's called. Pretty much same thing.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol :D

rF1 did not have a rest button and I hope rF2 does not have one either.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Agree completely. If you want the sim to be unrealistic there you go :)

That wasn't sarcasm, I genuinely agree with you.

9. brot

brot Registered

Hmm..?

So do you hardcore simmers also think that ISI should remove all weather/time options, and introduce a "buy the car before driving it" demand, which would be a problem for me, because i have a limit on my credit card of 4000 $ per transaction :-(

I´m totally loving this "game", but to me it makes a lot of sense to introduce a "reset car on track" option in OFFLINE PRACTICE, since this isn´t real life, but a home-edition of what we don´t have the money to experience for real.

That is certainly +1 on my wishlist.

10. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

11. Jos

Jos Registered

reset button, sounds handy for nordschleife, i say yes...

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Isn't it better to practice without crashing?
    If some one go on track alone to do private test day, and need to reset car often due to crash there must be something wrong with him. Why? try to answer question: would you try such hard in real life? I'm sure an answer is "no". So try same in simulation. Do your best to not crash. Do not push hard until you are sure you can handle a situation.
    After that, you will don't need reset car button any more.
    It is valid also for "nord". 170 turns? what's the problem? IRL you drive real car each day, on unknown roads without crashing. Do loops slower, learn track without trying do hotlap immediately after jumping into car. increase speed when you are sure about next corner. otherwise slow down.

My opinion is: is you want drive simulation, then try to drive as in real life.

+1

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

That makes no sense. Weather and time exist in real life, which the sim is reproducing, resetting your car does not. If you go off track you should have to drive back on, it takes seconds and if your car is destroyed then quit out and start from the pits that way. If we had it for OFFLINE PRACTICE then it would exist online too, giving people who enjoy ruining races yet another tool to cause havoc. Do you see my point?

14. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I'm waiting for the "Drive better than everyone else" button. I wonder when it will arrive? :D

Anyway, yeah, I've recently started doing invincibility for practice sessions, myself. Why? Because I suck at driving slowly on the computer. I try to, but a.) I still spin sometimes (i.e. FISI on slow-speed turns), b.) I don't have a 3-screen system, so my sense of speed is severely limited--I think I'm driving slow when approaching a corner (i.e. on Nordschelifeierfefe where I don't recognize the corners AT ALL from game to game), but in fact, I am carrying too much speed.

Besides, if you had a reset to track button, but still had damage, what's the point in driving on the track with no front end? And if it reset the damage, then what's the point in running with damage enabled, anyway?

The argument that driving with damage will make you a safer driver is b.s., too. There's not a significant difference in risk vs. reward with damage on vs. damage off while practicing to get you to change your habits that much. Your goal should be to drive faster, not drive harder--you do that by staying on the track and following the best line regardless of whether or not you'd take damage by going into a wall. Damage on, or damage off: either way driving into the wall WILL make you slower, I guarantee it.

15. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Hows about the "send a top notch racing wheel + hydraulic pedals to my door for nothin" button? :D

Srsleee.. My car rights itself.. eventually. Doesn't everyones? Sometimes the cows/horses and barbed wire fences hang on for a bit too long though.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I agree for a reset button putting you on the nearest road, only when you're offline.

It's your life what you do when you're alone, your problem, your fun. A car on its roof go back on its wheels by itself, can jump 10 miles away and scratch on the ground without any damages if you choose to, and if you're lucky right in the middle off next turn and you can win the race ;), and you can play stockcar with your Formula One against BT20 on a Kart track during a rainy day if you feel it's funny, my problem, my fun, I'm offline, wife gone with kids, I do what I want ;) rF2 provide me lot of fun the way I like to play it. Sometimes "Arcade", and sometimes like a Pro without driving aids, using a pair of gloves and a Fan in front of my heads ;) It's my choice ;)

Just a Reset key, nothing painful or costly, and just for offline gamers.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same others sim racers, there is always the function you search in rF1 & rF2.
    Activate Invincibility in game when you are in the car using the default F6 Key.
    Then, no crash, so no reset needed.

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Nope, I "often" get stuck with another car or on some background objects like barriers (wheel stuck), or in the water (Monaco) ;) So Invincibility don't fix that at all and don't prevent you to cratch and get frustrate as you get stuck in a collision.

One of the biggest fan we have in house here have 2 1/2 year old, driving with FFB 10% off course and me managing pedals. This Reset key will definitively help here and will avoid restarting from pit! His 7 years old sister will appreciate too, and also me I guess, sometimes...

Anyway, I can live without, but I don't see any problem to offer this to the offline player...

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

There is no problem but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for this to happen. ISI is a tiny development team and time management is critical. They are obviously working on a simulation and I doubt they see this as a priority feature. Just saying.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL, sweet memories.
    used to do this with my little daughter. She was crazy about drifting at snow rallies at CMR!

(still waiting of that test with my setup...zzzzzzzzzzzz...)