Where i can get old builds? like 85

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pay2021, Apr 22, 2013.

1. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Where i can get old builds? like 85, also, can i install two different builds at same time without screwing the last one? like the 198 and 85?

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Why would you like to go back that far? Build prior to 198 I can understand, but 85 or 90? That's ages ago. Anyway, I don't think ISI keep hosting the old builds. I think you just need to Google for torrents or mirror which are still up. Although I have no reason to assume they're still alive.

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Because some mods i made (for private use) after the build 85 completely f*** up the normals.

I dont see why ISI not host old builds for research purpose, asuming that the last build is automatically better than previous one is simply wrong, specially in software terms.

Any care soul?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  4. Twista

Twista Registered

Why not just update the mods to the current build level and enjoy all the extra improvements they've made to the engine?

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I do, but i get undesirable results, stranger, in build 85 they work perfect, but later they screw up the normals, without any touch! the very same model.

The rf2 85 build interpret the model just like 3d max, but in the newer ones rf2 interpret totally different!

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Some pious soul send me a link for build 85, thanks to that i manage to fix the mod issues.

Admins can close the thread please? thanks.

7. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Hmm, would be interesting to see, could you post some screens of that? Ive seen few issues around that and im wondering what youre having there.

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

You know what it was? scale, when i scale the models screw up the normals, you know how to do it without screw up the normals?
    I have the models all right now but i need to scale some, but if i do... screw up the normals.

I post pics later.

I little brief, after build 85 i scale the models, so, i saw those screw up in later builds, because of that i think was the build who read bad the normals, but no, was the scaling.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have two builds installed. The latest and build 069. No problems here.