Where do custom paints go?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by hoser70, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thought I stumbled across a thread discussing this but can't locate it now. Where do i save a custom paint-DDS file for the Megane?

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Currently custom paint scheme's is not working with build 118, they are working on a better system so people have an easy way to get all of their friends skins viewable at the same time.

3. steeve

steeve Registered

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thank you for the help and pointing me in the direction for help GearJammer and Steeve.

5. steeve

steeve Registered

Currently, I create a skin for nissan 370Z GT4 and this is the path that allows me to see and use the skin in RF2 :

rFactor2/UserData/Player/Settings/Nissan370zGT4/370Z_06/370Z_06alt.dds

for clio : rFactor2/UserData/player/settings/Renault_Clio/CLIO_13/CLIO_13alt.dds

for megane : rFactor2/userdata/player/settings/Meganes2009/M2009_01/M2009_01alt.dds

in short, he must create a folder of the same name as the original skin and place the. dds, without forgetting "alt.dds"

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Good deal - thanks again Steeve.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Have you attempted to get that working with build 118 steeve? I have and it doesn't work anymore.

8. steeve

steeve Registered

Yes, I do this with version 118.
    In previous versions, we placed the .dds directly into the folder created in "settings" and since the 118, you must create the folder that you placed in "settings", a subfolder named after the skin without the "alt "and insert the skin.

before 118 (example): rF2/userdata/player/settings/Renault_Clio/Skin_alt.dds

from 118 rF2/userdata/player/settings/Renault_Clio/name of skin origin / skin_alt.dds

Sorry for my english ,i speak french and google translate for me

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I must have missed the part about naming a folder the same as the original car. That is still going to make it rough to have multiple drivers in the same car beyond what is currently listed in the sim. I hope they get things figured out some time soon to make custom liveries easier to deal with.

10. Radar

Radar Registered

I thought I saw in the code something about skins being downloaded from the server? (at work so I can't remember exactly where I saw it).. Has anyone tried this ? Would be awesome if that could work / is working.

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Skin distribution is currently not working so even if you get to use some custom skin only you will see it. I think it was said skin distribution problem will be solved in the next update.

12. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

ok probably being dumb here but i dont have any car folders in userdata\player\settings folder

just have track folders.

something missing surely?! build 134

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You have to create them (the directories), currently. Although again, only you will see them.

The new skin system is working in the dev builds now, but needs to be made to work better. The basics of how it works are:

You put a skin in a location on your machine, you see it on your car. You join a server, and while you are in the garage, anyone who joins, their skin is loaded. Once you enter the track, anybody who NEWLY joins the server, is given a temporary skin until you next exit your car to the garage again, when they are all downloaded from each other. This means there is zero load when you need zero load (while driving).

14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

so having created the directory, it still isnt showing in the spinner, i cannot select any other skins

apologies if this is old ground, just returning to rf2 after a break!

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I like it. It will make life easier in leagues. It was time consuming to make packages of all skins each time somebody added his/her skin and send it to everyone just to find out that one of the skins is faulty and everything needs to be redone.

I hope there are more features comming to make our life easier (in many different ways) so we could spend more time on track and enjoy racing rather than on frustrating chores.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Good, but can this be disabled by the client or on the server?

18. Miro

Miro Registered

i'd be really thankfull if somebody could post the tright path for the F2 2012 pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
    i just can't get it right!

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

rFactor2DataFolder\UserData\player\Settings\Formula_2\Formula2_03

1 person likes this.
  20. Miro

Miro Registered

still wont work.

this is my path: ....\Formula_2\Formula2_03\FORMULA2_03alt1.dds

what's wrong with that?