Where can I find the latest english.dic to help in translation to toher languages?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Cananas, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Cananas

Cananas Registered

Now that we have an empty english.dic file in data\Support\languages\ folder, can anyone point me where can I find a complete english.dic to help to translate all the new strings compared to previous versions?

Thanks in advance,

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Why don't you take the French, Italien or german one?

The english words are on the left side, so you just have to put the translated words to the right side and replace the existing entry ;).

3. Cananas

Cananas Registered

Of course, but they are not the same. The french versión seems more complete than the others. It has the text of the launcher, it does not work although.

It would be great if we can get an oficial english.dic, updated whit each new versión of rfactor2. I saw if I could extract it from the rfactor2.exe, but I did see inside.

EDIT: I did'nt see anything in the SDK. I hope the developers can make a list with all the words of the game. Even the french versión is missing some text...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

I fear we will never get such a list.

And the dictionary is not meant to work with the launcher, it seems.

It only works for the game, the rf config and the dedicated server dialog.

I always add things that are not or not well translated by myself, will be the only option i guess. :)