Where are the tire choices for a given track defined ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JohnW63, Apr 23, 2016.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I thought I read a post a few years back about what files contained the tire allowed to be selected for a given track, but can't find it. Is it in the track files themselves or in a file that defines the series ? I'd rather not go through all the files in my collection to find it !

2. redapg

redapg Registered

It can be defined by the Upgrades.ini in Combination with a TrackConfigsBase.ini File.

3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I just did a search, and didn't find either file where Widows could find them. Are they part of the MAS file for something or rfmod file ? These are present in rFactor 2, correct, not rFactor 1 ?

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, they are present in rFactor 2 also. But because rFactor 2 uses packaged Files (MAS) you will not find them.
    The FISI 2012 uses them, use the MAS2 Tool to extract the Content of the FISIR_Car.mas, in which they are included.

5. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

OK, I got that figured out, which brings up a question...

Some of our tracks allow ALL COMPOUNDS to be selected in the weekend, which works fine for how the 2016 F1 rules work. We need three possible compounds. But, the rest of the season track have their compounds defined in pairs, as it used to work. I haven't figured out why some allow all and most do not. My guess is the tracks that allow all are named differently than the track list defined in the TRACKCONFIGBASE file and so get the default setting in the ...Upgrades file. Where does the track name need to match the list in the TRACKCONFIGBASE file ? Is it in each tracks GDB file ? if so, what line is it ? There are a few there with the name in some form or another.

Is the UPGRADES file ONLY control your choices in the Upgrades screen or the tire choices in game even if you do not use the upgrades screen ?

6. redapg

redapg Registered

The Trackname Entry in the TrackConfigsBase.ini has to match the Entry of the Line "TrackName =" in the GDB File of a Track.

The Upgrades File normally controls your Choice of Ugrades that you want to use.
    If you don't select a different to "Default" Upgrade, the "Default" Upgrades will be used (every first Option of an Upgrade).
    But if a TrackConfigsBase.ini File is present or if you use "Fixed Upgrades" for a Track, your Choice and also the default Setting gets ignored and the, in the TrackConfigsBase.ini or with the "fixed Upgrades", predefined Upgrades will be used.

7. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

The TrackConfigBase.ini file controls the upgrades for a given track, as defined in the Upgrades.ini file. These point to a specific tbc file, that file has the possible compounds for that upgrade, which in case of the FISI 2012 is two. To edit that you need to update the tbc files to point to more compounds and update the info in the TrackConfigBase file.

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através de Tapatalk

8. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

After some experimenting, I have found that if I run in Single User mode, I get all compounds listed in the Upgrades, and none of them have an asterisk. When I join my server, and go to the same screen, all the compounds are listed, but one set is asterisked and is says it forced. I do not have Forced Upgrades check marked in the dedicated server options , when I launch it. Where would it be getting this set ?

As a worst case, could I simply set all tracks to Upgrade 1, which I believe is the Default, or , can I simply remove the TrackConfigsbase.ini file from the MAS file ?

9. redapg

redapg Registered

For Information about how to use fixed Upgrades, click the Link in my Signature.

If you don't use a TrackConfigsbase.ini File and no fixed Upgrades, the default Upgrades will be used, yes.

10. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I would still like to know why, in single user mode, no tire restrictions are enabled, but on my server, they are. Any ideas on that ? I would rather change some setting on a server than rebuild the mod with a new MAS file.

11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

It's probably not limited on single player because you are going to a track where the TrackConfigBase isn't searching or have information on that track. You go a server and it's probably a track where it does exist in that file. So that is why. It's a very simple. If you put the name of the track into that file then tell it which upgrade of tyre set to use it will use them. If you want three sets that is easy to edit. You just edit the upgrades file to have an extra set of tyres, then go to TrackConfigBase and add which upgrade is needed for certain tracks.

12. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

The track list and files are the same on my PC and my server. I put them all there ! :)