Where are my cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuchulain, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

I have a ton of car mods I have added over the years, but with the new UI I can see only a few of them. When selecting "All cars & tracks", the next page only shows me about 10 "Series". That's it. I click on just about everything on the page to see if I can get a different or larger selection, but, no, just the same "Series". I finally navigated to the Packages page and found that, yes, all my cars are still there and installed but there is no way to select and drive them. WTF? This new UI is seriously trying my patience and drawing down the goodwill rFactor2 built up with me for all these years. The new UI is a piece of feces.

So, how do I get to my cars to drive them?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You say you were choosing the All cars and tracks, but did you also press on the SELECT option in the middle of the screen? I missed that twice looking for this option.
    Slide the bottom row to the far left, that will display the All Cars and Tracks, then choose up in the center of the screen the SELECT option. Doing that, I went from the Alpine Comp Series to 56 categories of cars.
    upload_2021-1-20_17-40-11.png

pkelly likes this.
  3. wad70

wad70 Registered

Or, you can click on the little icon next to the "series" button (top left of screen shown) and choose from the layout options. One of those options is a list (vertical choice of cars, tracks etc) that looks very similar to the old UI format.
    Just choose your car / track from that screen.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The series can also be changed when in either car or track selection, which is a definite plus for the new UI.

5. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

When I click on Select, it just throws me back to the first Single Player screen.

As for the Series icon, yes, it changes the layout, but only the same 10 rFactor2 "Series" are available. Nothing else.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Click on one of those series... like the "all cars and track" and press "select"

Pictures of what you are seeing will be of great help to the rest of us.

7. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

This is what is available to me. There is one more Series off to the right and that is it. Nothing else. If I look in Content/Packages, I see all the content there that I have installed over the years. None of that is visible in this screen/page where you load for driving.

Attached Files:

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Press select on that series.... and you will see all your content. A series is merely a filter to certain cars and tracks.

upload_2021-1-21_23-26-29.png

When you press select on "all tracks and cars", can you then select a car and a track back in the race menu?

upload_2021-1-21_23-26-55.png

upload_2021-1-21_23-27-17.png

upload_2021-1-21_23-27-35.png

See the series name at the top of each menu? That is the one that is active.

9. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

When I select All Cars & Tracks, I am thrown back to the main screen. When I enter All Cars & Tracks again, the same 10 options are still there. Nothing new or different. Last night I loaded one of the available options, F1 1975 HE, which loaded okay but then when I tried to select a track the only track available was Brianza.

Something is totally jacked up. Thinking back, I believe it was working normally right after the update that installed the new UI but I did not have an opportunity to use it enough to know what all was available and what was not. I did, in the meantime, download a few items from the Workshop. I'm thinking something got corrupted in that install process. Not blaming anybody - just the only change that was applied and could have caused the problem.

I am re-installing rFactor2 to see if that helps. Will take me a few days to download. We'll see what happens afterwards.

In any case, I appreciate the efforts all of you have put in to help. Thank you.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

See my first picture in my last post?

Series is All Tracks and Cars, Track selected is Road America and Car selected is Tatuus.

To select a track you click on the track name, to select a car you click on the car name. If you keep clicking on the series, you will only get the list of series available (you can't select a car or track in there!).

11. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I may have understood completely wrong, but it sounds like you´re entering the series selection screen over and over again, expecting it to show you the cars and tracks. that´s not how it works though... (click the image to enlarge)
    sel1.PNG sel2.PNG
    1 is the series, 2 is the cars 3 is for tracks; click on 2 and 3 to choose the car/track.
    Pro tip: never click on 1; as lazza said, you can choose the series from either the car or track selection menu.