Where are all the Race Events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GreyOdin, Nov 7, 2017.

1. GreyOdin

GreyOdin Registered

Hey guys,

New to RFactor 2, and I was wondering where all the race events are? I have nothing in my list at all. I've tried DX9 and DX11 versions and subscribed to a little Steam Workshop content, yet absolutely nothing appears in Race Events window and I've tuned off "All Tracks and Cars" etc.

My menu contains none of the elements shown in the Race Events section shown here:

Apparently I'm not the only person to notice them gone...I would love to know if I'm missing something.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

2. Semor76

Semor76 Registered

Same problem here too. Coming from AC & AMS,I´m disapointed about the lack of singleplayer content. There is only 2 race series available in steam workshop (F1 1988 & F1 1979 mod) Yes,you can pick a single car category and choose a track thats fits into the timeframe & track your progress with the logAnalyzer tool,but IMHO its a bit primitive for a game in 2017.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  3. GreyOdin

GreyOdin Registered

I completely agree with you. Especially when there were many of them there in the first place. Where did they all go? I agree that single race with Log Analyzer was not the experience I was hoping to have. I'd love someone from Studio 397 to shed some light on this!

4. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

There are no Race Events out of the box. there may have been in the past, I only started playing in July. You can create your own (Add limited list of tracks and Cars) via the MAS Utility. Search forum/google for instructions.

UI improvements are on the way. Actually that may be an understatement. I think it is a complete UI overhaul with additional functionality as well. I'm hoping that includes creating your own Custom Championship in the UI to negate the need for LogAnalyzer (though it is a great and fundamental tool for offline play).

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Because of the packaging system, that rfactor 2 uses, you would have to update the race-events everytime a component that was included, got an update.
    I guess that s397 did remove all race events for that reason.
    The race events have been available at the time when rfactor 2 moved over to steam.
    The video in the first post is from 2015!
    But the good news is, that you are free to create your own race events.
    Search the forum for instructions about how to do it.

edit: mr. bronze was a bit quicker. :)

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Remove the "would".

League admins do have to update our servers each time any used workshop item gets updated. We have been suffering this lately due to the several updates the GT3 pack has undergone.

While, as a league admin, I am absolutely used to rF2 packaging system I recognise that it is awful. Hopefully new UI will have a much more modern system to manage content and setup races for both online and offline. If this does not happen with the new UI, the one year waiting will be the most frustrating for many users and rF2 will definitely seal its death penalty.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  7. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

Rf2 was born in a totally different way. It is not a "game". It wasn't a driving race title like AC (just an example) when was born. First release where made really in advance and the title was really far away for to be a good 1st release. That was due by rFactor's entushiast who wanted absolutely that new sim. In the early days and months a lot of people finished their patience because they wanted all contents they had on rF1 so there were people going to other sims. The number of modders for that sim were only a portion of what rF1 had because they made a choise. To have more users in other sims. Lack of modder = lack of race series and tracks. That is not a big problem now...there is a lot of things to drive.
    That sim had also other problems. Like default setups that made the cars undriveable. For someone that was a nightmare. Too difficult, too analogic, too hard for the most people. But the sim turned instantly in his present and actual way. It is used quite exclusively for tournaments due to his quality. Best physics for the best simdrivers in the hardest challege for hardcore use. If you see online races you probably notice that they are quite exclusivelly for single-handed championship. So you can't use different cars in these champs because everyone have to have the same car. You have to search more but there is a lot of cars for what are you searching for. The Formula Renault 2014 is one of that series and it is official. Same story for Formula 2. The Megane trophy was a real champ. New GT3 are what are you searching for but there also the URD mods that can satisfy you (but they are payware).

To claim to have options that are on other driving titles could be a compromise. Even having all what are you claiming for doesn't mean that it will be good. The sim is hard. You have to know how to work on setup. You can drive 2000 laps in a circuit with the same car and there is a possibility that you can't understand the car or the circuit (and circuits change a lot thanks to meteo and dynamic road). How many people that use sims like AC or RR can be able to join a title like that without being mad? That is rF2...up to now...a no-compromise sim. Love or hate. Who loves that sims doesn't look at graphics. Doesn't look at future contents because there's already lot of mods to drive. That means to use a single car for a lot of time for understand and learn to drive...in a single circuit. Than you have to do the same thing in other circuits. If you want to learn to drive that car in rain the work is double. It can't be a sim for a casual gamer because it is not even a game if you understand it. Single player series are not the meaning of life for rF2's users. It wasn't his purpose when it was born.

Anyway...the series in rF2 are the Formula Renault 2014, Formual 2, Stock cars, Indycars, Megane Trophy and the new GT3 (even if there's only 5 cars). That is for official content. On workshop you can find something else. If you want to purchase also payware mods you'll find the DTM, the GTEs and LMP1/2 for a Le Mans Series. There is also a F1 mod that I didn't tried yet. I'm not really interested in that because new Formula cars are boring and useless for me. rF2 works better with "analogic" cars in my opinion.

bobbie424242 and Rui Santos like this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We should be adding new RaceEvents, probably early next year.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

could add enduracers And flat6 to that list although not updated to DX11 as far as l know

Lu ManiaK likes this.
  10. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

That soon? Marvellous. Will be keeping everything crossed and spending all my 'make a wish' moments for a GT3 or GTE or Multi Class Sports car event/s :D

Christopher Elliott likes this.