When will RFactor 2 be in RFactor 1 launch version like state?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Wow thats the clearest reply ever 1 more thing can you estimate in months how far that is for you to start marketing Tim? I suppose its probably a month after the release of the new gen of graphics cards which I think is May we will also have the next gen intel maxwells, I'd say that would be the best time. \Do you concur on this Tim?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't think it'll be timed for any specific hardware. The component releases have started though (the Vette was released as one, and the Lime Rock one was released last week). But no estimation, I just don't know.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Are you gonna release everything as a component-only now??? I for one would like if you would also still have your vmods, so that users don't have to create vmods if they dont want to/don't know how to. For online it would also be better I think. At the moment I only race with your vmods, since I don't want to have tons of nearly simular ones (maybe you won't need tons now, but when more content comes, I'm pretty sure one has to to race online)

4. 88mphTim

Only hosts will ever need to... Not every user. And when they do it, if they reference each race individually, rather than every piece of content, it'll be quite painless.

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

lol Tim...have you tried putting that into practice yet?...i have and every round is painful having to answer the same questions with the same problems of installs over and over as an admin

6. 88mphTim

When you have the individual components, where someone can download the 1 track and just the cars you are using, then download the small file via getmod to join the server, will you still have that painful experience? If so, please explain. :)

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

we are already doing that except i get our guys to also put the Vmod manually into there packages...and everytime there is problems with some (some experienced pc users and some not) and not just the same problems or people over and over...ive given this system a proper crack for a year now mate and if you guys would just drop the Vmod part of this system for the most part all would be fine

if modders were perfect and wernt doing updates on there tracks or cars to fix issues your system would also probably be ok...and when you do release ISI mods as components you will get all the painful questions i have had during the crossover from what you have now to the components ;)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

As long as u have the car and track, then don't u just have to click get mod and wait 5 seconds for it to load and then you're ready to race on track? What is so time consuming/complicated/problematic about that? Sorry, I still don't have a complete grasp on the online part, but as long as you have the car and track, then u click get mod, 5 seconds later you're on track ready to race, then isn't that extremely quick and simple, or am I mis-understanding the procedure??..

9. Diablo

Diablo Registered

What Jim Beam said.

I have elaborated on different threads already, so I just put one of the problems in here. Having that "micro" vMod, which only references the one track basically makes a long standing feature, /callvote event, practically useless. At least it limits you severely, since only the different layouts of that one track are available. This is a huge loss of functionality compared to rF1. Granted in rF1 we had the mismatch problems, but we could put tracks in the list to our hearts´ content and leave the root server, knowing /callvote event would suffice.
    And not having mismatches now is only because I am not allowed on a server if I cannot install a vMod due to missing content, which in effect is the same as having mismatches in rF1, where I could join the server but got booted due to missing content.
    The vMods should not be the end all be all and I hope you, ISI, are thinking about alternatives.
    The Mod Manager and the packaging certainly is a plus and thank you very much for that. But even without the vMods we could somewhat do the same using the Mod Manager if we still had the rF1 mismatches, minus the quite substantial overhead on the admin side.

I don´t want to derail this thread into a vMod discussion, but the topic is about being release ready, and I think you are not doing yourself any favours in sticking to this idea. Just search for vMod on this forum and I bet you won´t find a single thread that does not express frustrations about it in at least one post.

Best regards,
    Marcus