When RF2 ATI optimized?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Didi, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Okay. So we're back to, "I get 100 fps with a 5850, others get 30 with a 7790... ATI sucks... no, it doesn't."

Rinse, repeat.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

There is a definite AMD issue here. Performance is not what I would expect compared to other, more demanding games. AA doesn't seem to work properly and the levels have no explanation (I like to know what type of AA I'm applying).

Some official words from ISI on this would be most welcome.

3. kmw

kmw Registered

I'm ok with performance now that I've bought an HD7950, but why is the contrast still so far out?
    With HDR off, it feels like a very dull day, just too dark generally, but when HDR is on, it looks like the Sun has drifted too close to the Earth - we should be in radiation shelter, not still on the race track.
    I'd be very happy to be pointed to better drivers that will cure this (I've loaded latest 13.1), but it looks like I am not the only one suffering this.
    Surely it's time we saw a general improvement in the games ability to use ATI cards.

4. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

The 13.3b drivers have been around for a while now... I was on those. Now it's 13.5b.

I'm not sure if it specifically will make this lighting issue look any better to you, but it looks okay to me on most tracks, with HDR always on.

5. kmw

kmw Registered

I'll try them thanks :)

6. Bob Simmerman

Bob Simmerman Registered

I wanted to post back, I upgraded to the brand new Catalyst, 13.4, and performance has improved quite a bit, there are still some minor stutters here and there, but, overall, a rather substantial improvement over the 13.1 Catalyst set.

I used the Catalyst Control Center to build an rF2 profile, basically I am letting the video card handle the AA and Anisotropic filtering and turning it off in the game. I run with VSYNC off and screen tearing is present, but not too noticeable. While the performance is still lagging behind an NVIDIA card that is half as fast on paper, improvements are being noted.

7. Rich_hard1

Rich_hard1 Registered

Now optimized on my rig, this game is now on par with Iracing, love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. spizone

spizone Registered

I can confirm that when Morphological is left on in the CCC my FPS is almost halved :confused:, my settings are now all on full and everything on inc road surface and reflections, HDR on and 4AA and vsync-video, i now have a constant 60 FPS.
    Although not as pretty as before, im now so more concentrated on my driving i don't notice.
    I wander whats the deal with Morphological filter on as this does not happen in my other games. This is on a I700k with a 7870 and 13.4 CCC.

http://imgur.com/du17rLo
    http://imgur.com/idXyEE8
    http://imgur.com/vNPBIib

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013