Wheel won't work in game (Fanatec CSL DD)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by green serpent, Oct 1, 2022.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hi guys, I've got an issue that I've never had before.

The sim is recognizing my wheel and it's working in the calibration screen, but in the sim I can't steer at all. The wheels profiler also shows that everything is working okay.

I've restarted the wheel, the sim and my PC multiple times. Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's working in the calibration screen you should be able to completely rule out any pc/wheel/driver/sim configuration issues.

So: is the car moving when your steering isn't working? Have you tried AI control out of the pits and then switch to player and see what happens? No aids activated?

This is ringing some bells from recently... try renaming your controller.json and start with a fresh one. I remember someone having similar and that fixed it, I couldn't quickly tell what was wrong with the axis config...

green serpent likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If windows had an upgrade or you added a differernt controller like a game-pad, you may have altered the order of the Axis/buttons.
    Go to assign and note the axis and joystick number of your throttle. Then re-assign the throttle and check to see if it has changed or it's the same as before. If it's different, you'll probably have to make a new controller profile.

green serpent likes this.
  4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Auto pit exit did the trick! Wheel works fine now, even with all aids back to being off.

Lazza likes this.