wheel weight g25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruudjuh, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Dear ISI, I'm testing rfactor2 for a while now and playing with a g25 there is no fun in doing so. The main reason is that the FFB is only a rumble factor (feeling curbs and bumps in the road, not only feeling but ripping my arms off) and there is no feeling of grip whatsoever. At first standing in the pits there is a wheel weight (resistance feeling from the tires moving over asphalt) but as soon as I start moving the car this feeling is gone (I could steer the car with one finger, until I hit a curb and my finger will be cut off) here lays the problem without any wheel weight (amount of grip) it is impossible to feel any understeer, able to feel understeer means that the amount of wheel weight should increase up to the point of maximum grip and when you go over that line the grip starts to disappear causing understeer the wheel weight also should decline, but since there is non to start with this is impossible to feal.

Next the oversteer is more visualy represented than a feeling in the wheel thus making it a gamble how much opposite lock/throttle has to be applied to maintain/recover anny form of oversteer. These are my findings for now I hope that there is some development going on to make the rfactor 2 experience with a g25/g27 a better one than what it is now.

P.s. I don't need any comments that I need to buy a other FFB wheel because it aint going to happen, the logitech wheels are still used by many sim racers out there, and other sims (like the new Simbin title, raceroom racing experience)can give a decent feeling of under/oversteer with it's hardware so don't blame Logitech...

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

First of all, you didn't say, with which cars you have issues.
    All historical cars, Renault Megane Trophy and Renault Clio should feel VERY good. I have driven them with G25 and all felt great. Try them, if you didn't yet.

3. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

I agree that the level of FFB depends on what car you drive but all of them seem to lack a feeling off grip due to wheel weight. And the oversteering issue is worse with open wheelers than with the megane clio and GT cars. I also don't think it's a physics related problem but a FFB parameter that does not seem to work, or is false calibrated with the logitech wheels. Maybe the devs that are working on the FFB can post their logitech profiler setup and FFB setup ingame. (I have tried various different settings)

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Something is clearly wrong either with your wheel settings or else with the rF2 settings.

I have a G25 and FFB in rFactor 2 is one of the best so far I got from sims and I totally do not have the same experience like you are having.

Why don't you post us some screen shots of your G25 profile settings and also the settings of the controller from rF2 and then we can analyse if something is wrong.

Cheers

5. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

6. arnomar

arnomar Registered

Have you switch off all aids (steering help mainly)?

7. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

yes I have no aids whatsoever, can't show pic because I'm doing a completly new install off the game. Is there maybe something to adjust when using windows 7 64bit? (UAC is off)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There shouldn't be anything special to do, no. :)

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

;) SimBin is ISI hehe

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

The only strange setting in your in game Controls screen is the high Steering Rate value.

AFAIK, that option is related only to digital controllers, but you never know ... a bug can always happen.

Try setting it to zero, to see if that value makes a difference.

11. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

MAX !!!!! Thats Seriously just worked!!!

Logitech Profiler: View attachment 3940

Then in game change FFB Mulitplier to 70% and the Steering Rate to 0 as Max said Above!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  12. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

nope Simbin started modding f1 2000(or 2001) from ea that run the gmotor physics engine from ISI, later they made gtr and now they made their own physics engine (lizard)

Reinstalled no difference what so ever, changed somethings in the controller.ini (Logitech g25 Racing Wheel USB file) and these changes don't seem to have any effect?

Here are the changes I made:
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="1.00000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.45000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque extrap time="0.001" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="1.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="1.0000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="1.0000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="1.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="1.0000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)

13. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

""Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction"
    I have changed this to "1" but really have no I ea if it works All I know is I have a really good feel of the car and road!

14. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Your profiler settings make no sense, tried those settings and it doesn't add FFB feel it only sets the wheel to always want to return to center... that is not the desired effect.

@Max Angelo: tried the default 20% Steering Rate value--> no effect
    cannot set it at 0(only 1%) also no effect

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

To each his own, but that is the craziest Logitech profiler settings I've ever seen :D

16. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction

This is interesting...haven't seen it before...will have to have a look when I get home. In the mean time, if anyone knows exactly what it does by changing it, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

Edit: Just saw Mitt's post...

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

race07, gtr, gtr2, gt legends, gtr evolution, race injection, stcc, wtcc, all the expansions, raceroom 1, raceroom 2, all simbin, all based on ISI's RFactor engine.

With the new raceroom. (raceroom 3) it honestly still feels like the rfactor engine, just that they have gone into deeper tweaking of it than they did with there other games. I could be all wrong, but it still feels ISI based.

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hey guys,

I also tried to set the Steering resistance type to "1" and although it might be the familiar placebo effect, I do seem to feel a slight difference, very subtle but there. I read about this in another thread as well and really wonder if anybody knows about the theory behind this setting?

Greets,

R

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Try Spark F1 at Sebring with all defaults. Incredible! I have g27. No plans to replace and I will buy another when this one breaks unless Logitech comes out with something new because it is great and Logitech has better support than boutique solutions. Your wheel is fine don't listen to those who say different. G27 is GREAT! And also great with rf2.

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

LOL ya thats asking for some some crazy torque ! but if it works it works .

I have center spring turned off via check box for me this give me a better feel of what the car is doing .. but anyway the OP is looking for some feeling between the curbs where it goes numb for some ppl .. i have the G27 and im happy with the feel and like posted above the other tin tops Cleo for one have a great "resistance feel" ,heavy compaired to the f2's
    One thing you might try is the "CAR SPECIFIC FFB MULT" I have no idea what this does (anyone ??) but it made the wheel feel like a jack hammer over the slightest bumps when i cranked it up from 1.00 to 20.00 LOL hell it goes up to 99.00 i think :confused:, I held the advance button > down till it went past 60.00 just to get an idea of where middle range would be but as it just kept climbing i quit and did a test at 20 ..:p this adjustment might just tear your hands off ..lol so im back to 1.00 now but the wheel got heavier and the bumps got more intence (like way more lol) .. I think some tweeking between this and controler .ini/profiler might give some feel in that numb zone ... ??? Like turn down the curb in the .ini while cranking up the over all feel ??? IDK ....

(edit: i thought ide mention that i dont use in game "VEHICLE Set" i set my rotation in logitech profiler to *540 and set in game to same *540.
    My L profiler settings i have at : Over all 100% ,Spring 100%, Damper 100% center spring dissabled.)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012