SOLVED Wheel rotation lock not set

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by zaphman, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Noticed the other day that the wheel rotation range is never set for selected car. It always stays whatever I entered in wheel controller settings, i.e. 900 deg:

Device: Thrustmaster TX
    Package: Package 3.TTRS.2016
    Firmware: 50.B9
    Driver: 2.8.99.0

I'm sure this worked before, because I always needed to change it back to 900 whenever I started iRacing....

Tested by removing both player.JSON as well as Controller.JSON to start from scratch. Wheel stays at 900 deg entering race.... also reinstalled Thrustmaster driver.

Any idea? Thrustmaster changed something with the 3.TTRS.2016 package?

2. Milo81

Milo81 Registered

I have exactly the same issue. I also tried to reinstall drivers, but did not help.
    I'm running win10, I read in some older posts people having problems after installing anniversary update, maybe this is the same issue ?

3. zaphman

zaphman Registered

FWIW, I tested Automobilista. The wheel rotation is set correctly in that title.

4. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Glad to see others are having the same issue. Having the issue with a TX on Windows 10. Now that you mention it, It did seem to start right around the time of the anniversary update. I've actually upgraded my hardware since then and am on a new install of windows and I am still having the issue. Exactly as described. Works as intended in all other sims with said feature

5. Happo85

Happo85 Registered

I have the same problem with my T150
    Device: Thrustmaster T150
    Package: Package 4.TTRS.2016
    Firmware: 5
    Driver: 2.9.1.0
    Windows 10

6. Markj

Markj Registered

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this but it's possible this is the same thing that OSW users have. Basically have to set the wheel rotation in the driver software to suit the vehicle specific otherwise you just get 900deg or whatever. Be great if it's one update/fix for all these wheels.

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

As far as I know for OSW and Bodnar/SimSteering wheels there simply is no API to set the rotation from within rFactor 2 (or any other sim for that matter). Why it's not working on all Thrustmaster wheels I don't know, but please keep reporting this if you run into this issue. We might be able to find a pattern.

8. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks Marcel, it works in other sims i run, iracing, pcars and AC, not sure how they do it but i leave the MMOS settings at 900 and the wheel gets restricted to a vehicle specific range.

9. Marcel Offermans

Interesting @Markj , I will put this on my list to investigate.

RaceNut likes this.
  10. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks Marcel, that would be brilliant. Happy to help if you need any testing and also there is a bunch of clever chaps with the OSW in the hardware thread for OSW settings. I was hoping it might be linked to the same thing as the Thrustmaster, as guess that might have been simpler. Thanks again

11. Marcel Offermans

I'm not sure why it's not working for Thrustmaster. Setting the rotation angle is something non-standard, so it turns out that Thrustmaster, Logitech and Fanatec all implemented this extension in a different way. That means we need to add support for every manufacturer.

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I heard Microsoft gave out wrong drivers for Logitech wheels in Windows 10.
    I wonder if everyone here who has this problem has not changed the option to allow/ not allow Windows Update to update device drivers.
    If I was them, I would disable Windows update of drivers.
    Uninstall the Thrustmaster drivers and download and install drivers from the Thrustmaster site.

I have a T500 RS. F/ware 43. Driver 2.8.29.0. Package 2.TTRS.2015
    Windows 7, Windows update set to do nothing until I want, apparently not possible with Win 10. :confused:
    My wheel rotation stays at whatever the last car was I drove.

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  14. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

Just wanted to report the same issue with Fanatec CSL Elite, I hope developers will come up with a fix for this wheel base too.

15. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Vehicle set doesn´t work eider with Thrustmaster TS PC RACER . Need to change Lock manually.
    Hope this issues will be fixed sooon!
    I have a TS-PC RACER F/ware 3. Driver 2.9.1.0. Package 4.TTRS.2016

PS: I wonder if the Dev. will make a controller profile for this wheel in upcoming update..... Hope so!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I love rF2 and am just about to bit the bullet on a new wheel and the cost is significant to me and want to make sure that it will work in the only Sim i really care for ATM .
    A Fanatec CSL Elite with Universal Hub . I know it ain't much to some but to me that is a big expense .
    Could you please tell me if this is a wheel that is or will be working properly now or in the near future ?
    It would be an upgrade from a Fanatec GT2 (been great that's why i'm want to stay with Fanatec) and a the moment works pretty much flawlessly in your Sim but feel that i could have it feel better with the newer tech .
    Please answer because i would like to order ASAP.
    Thanks.

17. gpfan

gpfan Registered

UPDATE: After reinstalling drivers Vehicle set came to live again!! So problem solved here, something was conflicting with my new setup. I also had to clean Logitech profiler stuff!

18. Jän Hahn Liang

Jän Hahn Liang Registered

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Logitech G27.

It was working before, now its not, not sure is it because I migrated to steam version from non-steam.

It was working previously even though I was all the while on Windows 10.

My profiler version 5.10.127

Logitech G27 Driver version 5.9.129 (right click G27 in Device and Printers, Properties, Hardware tab, Properties, Driver tab) - same as the one on this video

Really need help on this as too troublesome to manually change rotation setting in profiler everytime I change car in RF2.

Profiler already set "Allow Game to adjust settings"

19. Vranq

Vranq Registered

And did you like that?

For me it is annoying having to open driver settings (T500rs) everytime after quitting rF2 to reset wheel rotation to standard. R3E had the same issue several month ago but S3 was able to fix that. I hope this can be done here too.

20. br444m

br444m Registered

Similar issue with T300RS. But worse. I can't change the rotation at all anymore within rFactor 2. Windows 10.

I have the feeling this happened after a thrustmaster driver or firmware update (2016_ttrs_4).

*edit*: uninstalled the t300rs from device manager (human interface devices). Unplugged it and plugged it back in -> driver was reinstalled and everything is fine.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017