Wheel rotation how

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Jan 28, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Hi folks.would just like to say first that this sim is really really good,the cars are alive and the new content along with the new studio team has me very exited for the future.

Now to my question,in iracing you would set your rotation to 900 or 1080 in the wheels firmware and then iracing would change it automatically for each car,is this the same here or do we need to change it in the firmware for each car before driving.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

There is a checkbox in controller-options. Don´t have a screenshot by now,- look a little bit around, you will find it.

3. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I have yet to get my wheel to work right with this Sim. People say it's the same as iracing to set it up but it's really not. If it were then it would feel similar if not the same between the two, but they couldn't be more drastically different.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@patchedupdemon Options -> Controls, Tick "Vehicle Set" below the steering wheel range option (you can do that at the main menu, or in the garage at the track). With a couple of notable exceptions (types of wheel) it adjusts fine when you switch to different vehicles.

@VAustinElly Your driving force GT is possibly among the Logitech wheels that currently have issues with rotation, but we didn't really get to the bottom of your issue in your thread.

5. Markj

Markj Registered

As Lazza says the 'Vehicle set' should work to change the rotation for each car. My understanding is that iracing must do the rotation and end stops in their software so it's the same on all wheels, rF2 integrates with each manufacturers driver so does something slightly different hence there are a few wheels that don't have support, mainly OSW. There may also be a fix needed for some newer wheels from mainstream too but S397 are aware and believe looking at this. There's a thread in support section. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/wheel-rotation-lock-not-set.53724/#post-876705

6. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I don't have the driving force gt anymore. I bought the Logitech G29. Still struggle with finding settings that I am comfortable with. I don't know if the rotation is set wrong or ffb is wonky, but my wheel shakes like a sob when racing on rf2, but not so much on iracing. In iracing I can control the car and run next to someone without contacting them in rf2 I cannot.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Wheel shakes with what car? Immideately when you left the pits or later?

8. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

While in the garage area as I was pulling out to the track. Now that could be just the simulated bumps in the ground in the garage area and my ffb is set extremely high.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Check that your "FFB minimum torque" in rF2 controller settings is not set too high, it shouldn't be much higher than 2-3%. G29 uses crap cogwheel FFB tech which will cause more shakes and rattles than more modern wheels, but it's normally not an issue in pit lane, more when you drive over grass or curbs.

10. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

It's not just the shaking. I struggle to control the car altogether in rf2. That is not the case in iracing. In iracing with oval tracks I have a 3.55 safety rating so I can control a simulated car with no problems. In rf2 I have to hold the wheel at such an extreme angle to the right on straights that it makes it difficult to judge when to start turning and not over turn the car or not hit a car next to me. I really want to like this Sim but with my wheel the way it is I stick to iracing despite the price tag because my wheel works how it should.

akai_fr likes this.
  11. stonec

stonec Registered

Holding your wheel to the right is expected behaviour on ovals, it's due to the way the stock car is set up asymmetrically. It has nothing to do with wheel support as such. If you want to fix this, just tweak the setup towards more symmetrical.

12. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I know in iracing I do the same but it's not nearly as extreme as rf2.

akai_fr likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@VAustinElly Does your overall wheel rotation match what the car should be? Bearing in mind your G29 probably doesn't adjust properly with the 'vehicle set' option.

14. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Yeah I have heard that Logitech and rf2 don't mix well. As for the settings I'm not sure. I would have to check. I know with detected settings it set my wheel at 720 degrees. I don't think an oval stock car needs anymore than 240. I could be wrong.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you select a stock car as the current vehicle, then go into Options -> Controls and tick Vehicle Set, it says 720 degrees. That means the vehicle's real lock-to-lock is 720 degrees.

The problem is if your wheel still rotates 900 degrees, you'll be turning it more than you really should. You can't rely on what the game is saying, all you can do is see how far your wheel physically turns and work out how many degrees it is.

16. akai_fr

akai_fr Registered

Same problem for me, i coming from iRacing too.
    My steering wheel is a TS PC and it goes auto to 720°. But i have the same bad experience as you ! i have bought RF2 only for Oval !!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018