Wheel Profile T 300 not working anymore...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Hi,
    I would like to play this Sunday afternoon and stated RF2.My Thrustmaster wheel is found by the game,but don't work.pedals and every button is not mapped,i must remap everything new.Even my keyboard maps..The profile seems to have problems.I reinstalled the game...Same..
    WTF is that now?All other games work.Only RF2 does not connect my wheel automaticly.
    Thanx for any tips:mad:;)
    DC

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In windows, in the TM profiler, there is a button called 'Advanced', check that the wheel is the 1st priority. If you have other game controllers or 3rd party pedals/shifter, they may have taken the first spot. For reasons I don't understand, the wheel has to be the first controller listed. good luck

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

What you should do in any case: update the Firmware of your Wheel to latest. There is a tool in the TM Software to do so.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Stefan,
    i have the latest firmware and Driver installed last week.I'm on Win 10 with a Nividia 1080ti.Latest drivers,all updated.....
    I do not have other devices connected.The Game calls my Wheel JOY 5,but it is JOY 1 after remapping a button or a Pedal.So it is written on the screen.ACC ,AC,R3R,all work well.It happend after the update with the Mclaren today.
    Never had this and i'm old ..now sick and tiered.
    DC

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Perhaps try to change the usb port, reinstalling TM driver and firmware, delete ALL the player folder and launch then RF2...

I think it is a RF2 issue, so uninstall again REALLY properly (especially make sure player. json is 100% deleted). First test with the t300 profile in RF2.

Hope it helps

6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Ok I did not know About your update. Anyway: I have the T300 too and no Problems. But I do not use the Thrustmaster T300 profile (did not know it exist). I mapped everything and saved it as "'T300", period. If I Change something, I have to save it again as MY "T300".

btw Developers: Why I have to type T300 again in the "saveas" Dialog (or whatever, myt300, mywheel..) ? why is the latest custom profile Name not preselected in the edit field? in 99% case you make changes to your custom profile and you will save it by same Name, Right?

Akela_DE and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Stefan,after binding the buttons (keys) to my likeing and reassagined the pedals,it works like it was.
    BUT why is my wheel JOY 5 in the RF2 profile instead of JOY 1!!!!!
    The DEVELOPERS should CHANGE it!One wheel is always JOY 1.
    DC

patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Sry, i can´t tell you. Maybe further usb devices are detected as Controller, Maybe win issues after installing the Controller over and over again leading to numerous registry entries...pure guessing. I can not look into your System and I really don´t know. Maybe you find 3rd Party Software in the net which Show all registered Controllers, run regcleanres or whatever.
    Btw my Wheel is joy2 (mapping) and it works as 2nd device. Some Buttons of my joy1, which is a tm16000 flightstick, are mapped too in my profile meanwhile because I ran out of Buttons to control abs, traction...

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

But what I don't understand is that every game finds the usb-controler automatically,even when I change the USB port.only the "Dinosaur" is not able to do that.Ha....
    Thanks for making that clearly.
    DC

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

again, ignore rf2 for now. Look under the Windows 10 Game Controllers. The first screen should show the status of the controller, that is where the advanced button is located. From there verify that the TM 300 is the preferred device.

11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

@davehenrie ,
    I understood you. But this is alright I only have one wheel,nothing else. The problem is that rf2 is useing a controller template Id: joy 5. My controller I'd is joy 1. And that can't be changed.....or? So I manualy must remap all buttons to joy 1.
    DC

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm out of ideas. There has to be some conflict, otherwise all the TM users would be reporting the same issue. Good luck tracking this down.// ok, I did have one last idea.... I remember when I first got my TM wheel, I created a custom profile and 'saved' it. Or rather I THOUGHT I had saved it. I missed a step and had to repeat the entire process. After that, all was normal. So, look in the rFactor2/Userdata/controllers folder and see if the saved profile you are trying to load is actually in the folder.

13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I have the same id problem, never found a fix for it, I only have my wheel and pedals and a keyboard and mouse.
    I set t300 to preferred device,then I manually set all the buttons etc but it still says joy 5, the wheel and ffb works fine though

14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

OK.It's up to the DEVELOPERS then.
    Thanx everybody involved.
    DC

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Have a look in the player folder for the Controller.JSON and also in the Controller folder for your profile that you created, named and saved.
    Look for this line which I assume should be set to true (1) as below

"Detect Rearranged Controllers":true,
    "Detect Rearranged Controllers#":"set to 1 if you change controller connections often and your wheel or pedals are sometimes enumerated differently",

Also in the two JSON files have a look for:

"Device Name 1":"Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel=#044fb66e",
    "Device Name 2":""
    "Device Name 3":"",
    "Device Name 4":"",
    "Device Name 5":"",
    "Device Name 6":"",
    "Device Name 7":"",
    "Device Name 8":""

That's how mine is with a T300 is plugged in

16. Nielsen