Wheel irl does not match wheel in game [Logitech G25]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by maatriks, Jan 23, 2015.

1. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Hello,

so I tried playing rFactor 2 and after setting the wheel up for it (have to switch settings between rF and rF2) it just does not seem to work.

Problem: When I turn wheel 90 degrees in real life, the wheel in game turns only about half of that, which makes it really quite impossible to drive.

What I have tried:
    • Restarting the computer
    • Updating to last build
    • Deleting controller.JSON file.
    • Tried online and offline
    • Tried different USB ports (front and back panel, USB2 and USB3)
    • Wheel works correctly in Assetto Corsa

Settings I am using in Logitech Profiler: http://i.imgur.com/u346dFH.png

Settings I am using ingame: "Steering wheel range: Vehicle Set"

Specs of my computer: Windows 8.1 64bit, 2500K, ATI 280X, 8GB RAM, Logitech G25

So yeah, am I missing something obvious?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Do you press the detect button (on the bottom right) ?

3. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Had not tried it before, but sadly it did not help. It says:

"Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB
    Controller found and detected"

And nothing changes :)

There has to be something that I am doing completely wrong here, right? Quite baffling.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Uncheck this option and modify the Steering Wheel Range then.
    Does that help?

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Are you sure the Profiler is well configured for rFactor2? Often the Profiler use another configuration from last game played. I removed the profiler on my installation, and change directly using device manager between games.

6. maatriks

maatriks Registered

If I put that to ridiculous numbers (1100 degrees on F3 mod), then it is a bit better, but nowhere near correct. Plus this makes FFB unbearable.

And I am actually changing settings from control panel, not logitech profiler, so yeah... It has worked previously.

So I reinstalled the game, still having the same problem. I am completely lost now.

Video of how it looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv02XtfNMuQ
    And link to same video where I do full lock where it is best seen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv02XtfNMuQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2m0s

So I have "resolved" the problem, when I now again tried to put 400 degrees in wheel settings (control panel) and then put 400 also ingame, it works. So i guess I have to set it manually from now on as game does not detect correct settings by itself.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Logitech profiler should be set to:
    View attachment 15561

If you are still having problems after that, detect the controller and make any required adjustments like mapping buttons and save the profile.

*also, take a look at some of the FOV threads. It looks a bit high from your video.

8. maatriks

maatriks Registered

This video was done after reinstall with new profile, so default settings and I have put a screenshot of my profiler settings above, it is quite similar to yours in all key aspects.

9. matf1

matf1 Registered

Except the spring and damper, yep not related to your issue, but I recommend them off.. That's cool, I'm glad you are sorted :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Linear steering?

In order to have a full linear wheel, in Settings--->Controls, set the wheel sensitivity to 100.

So doing you can also set again the "vehicle set" feature and adjust the rotation in the Logitech panel as you prefer, because vehicle set will override any rotation set in the panel.

And, yes, spring and damper other than zero means that you will have "fake" effects generated by the wheel, instead to have the spring and damper calculated by rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you have to keep manually setting in in profiler and in-game then you haven't fixed anything. Make sure you enable "vehicle set" in the RF2 controller settings.

Also, why do you use the profiler? End it; you don't need that junk running in the background.

12. maatriks

maatriks Registered

About profiler: I think I misused the name here. As I said before, I change wheel settings from Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Right click on "G25 Racing Wheel" and select "Game controller settings". There I select "Properties" -> "Settings"
    Image of my current wheel settings in control panel: http://i.imgur.com/bKpckm1.png

Controls settings ingame: http://i.imgur.com/E3gjSJW.png

Plus if I turn the wheel 450 degrees (lock) it detects it correctly over here: http://i.imgur.com/OdDF9kW.png and it is linear as well.

So:
    Wheel sensitivity: is 100%
    Vehicle set: Is set.
    Spring and damper in control panel: set to 0%.

Problem persists.

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I put Wheel sensitivity at 0% in game.
    And Steering Rate at 50% in game to get Linear.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That's not linear as you should be able to see by the steering sensitivity picture in the settings page. 100% is fully linear.

Steering rate, clutch rate, etc. are for if you have them mapped to an on/off button like the keyboard. If using pedals, the "rate" settings don't do anything.

15. matf1

matf1 Registered

I do wonder if you have the Logitech Gaming Software(Logitech Profiler) installed?
    If so, you may have previously set a rF2 specific profile and the one you are changing through control panel is the global profile.

If not, I'm really out of ideas and if noone else can offer suggestions, then contact support via email.