wheel fire

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by chappielike2009, Jul 17, 2012.

1. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

Hi i was driving lastnight and my wheel went of like a fire work ?? is a bug ?

Look at the motor is burnt lol going left at mid ohio and it went up i thought it was going to be a fire.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol. that's pretty cool. Its that a g25?

I'd say you had the FFB too high and that is what caused the motor to over heat. I'm surprised there is no heat sink on the motor.

3. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Hmm. Is that a DFGT? In these very hot days (at least the past week was very hot here, now its fine) I use my G25 on lower ffb just to prevent something like this... It's still really warm after a couple of laps.

4. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

It started life as a driving force GT then was modified to a driving force SRW.;)

dam time to start shopiing.

5. coops

coops Banned

omg it did a job on it. honestly did you shiot your self ?

6. Pluginz1

Pluginz1 Registered

Chappie, I have two spare G25 motors here if you want one of them. I swapped my G25 casing over a few years ago with a 2nd hand G25 from ebay which wouldnt calibrate. I won it for £20!!!!

Give us a buzz if you want one of these motors dude. Can post it to yas :)

To be honest, any mabuchi 540 motor will fit in there, as long as you can get the pinion off the motor that is!! If you want more power from a motor, have a look at the brushless electric model car motors, they are the same size and should fit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012