Wheel calibration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry scott, May 27, 2018.

1. barry scott

barry scott Registered

good evening

Apologies for being newbish but I cannot figure out in any way how to calibrate steering input. I had downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it so I purchased the game. Now I cannot get settings correct, I can change functions etc but cannot get steering correct. Can somebody please post an idiots guide to this step by step because I am honestly not very technically minded.

I currently use a thrustmaster ts-xw with t3pa pedals and th8 shifter and have no issues with any other games

Many thanks in advance
    Baz

2. barry scott

barry scott Registered

Can any help me with this? I am back and would really like to get into this game. I can load game, I can select all functions, I can pick tracks, cars etc but when I go to drive I can select gear, apply throttle and brake but when it comes to steering it’s not working. It feels like (this probably sounds daft) the car seems to want to drive sidewards. Basically I am asking for help and advice on how you calibrate steering. The game recognises my thrustmaster ts-xw wheel

Any help is more than welcome
    Thanks in advance
    Baz

3. barry scott

barry scott Registered

I would like to add that I originally downloaded the demo and had no steering issues at all hence I bought the full game

Regards

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Check if steering help is enabled in the difficulty settings

5. barry scott

barry scott Registered

Should that setting be on or off? I’m quite new to pc racing having been an Xbox guy for years so I’m not very technically minded

Thanks

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm on a TS-PC which is technically the same wheel as yours and I don't remember there being anything in particular you need to do for the wheel to work and there's no calibration needed for rF2.
    In the Controls menu you'll see a Steering graph. Turn your wheel to the left and right and you should see the graph move.
    In that same menu, make sure vehicle set is checked so the game selects degrees of rotation automatically for each car.

Apart from that, steering help as mentioned could be the issue. Make sure it's off. You don't want it on no matter how new you are, unless you want the game doing the steering for you.

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yes turn off all driving helps. Its very weird when driving as the car helps you steer and brake etc.