What's this I hear about Oulton Park?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by P.S.R., Jun 12, 2015.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks guys...

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Are the "fixed" trees included in 1.11? The tree billboards rotate around horizontal and vertical axis which results in flickering shadows. That's a typical result when you export stamp vertex objects with 3dSimEd.

3. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Yes they are included Tosch

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

@ Nuno: maybe you could have a look into HiddenValley? There is the same strange Tree flickering...

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just did a couple of Laps on Oulton Park International. The AIW`s have serious Problems to get out of the Pit Boxes, tried with URD T5. The Chicane can`t be managed by the AIW`s sometimes, too. They`re crashing into the right hand bollard. Most when they try to push/under pressure from car behind. Block Path?

//Edit: Screener about the Box Problem:

Pic1
    View attachment 17200

Pic2
    View attachment 17198

Pic3
    View attachment 17199

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Haven't tried the new version yet, that problem wasn't present in previous releases.... mmmm maybe a community effort could get this circuit to 99℅ in all depts, including the ai :)

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I didn't touch the aiw file and I'm convinced that digga didn't touch it too... More fixes and improvements will be done... :)

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nice to read this!

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Well I think its such a good effort, we should muster all the talents we can, digga is an expert converter, nuno can iron out the finer finishing detail and juergen sort the aiw...... win win, and my page can just do what it does ( if anything ) :) :) :)

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

but i guess, the better, Nuno is looking for the AIW Pathes, too ;) I can help with trying to find issues, but i never did some edits on AIW Files...except for Melbourne, but this was another story :D

//Edit: but if we need somebody for the AI`s, maybe redapg could jump in, too?

11. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

For me to correct AIW I need to learn it form beggining. If someone else know well how it works and wan't to jump in is very welcome...

I'll focus in some other details not to mention now :p

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I sended redapg a msg...

13. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

One thing at a time m8... Usually I only spend time in something if the original author or the guy that converted it already have a good job. I don't wan´t to work in something already outdate. ( I didn't saw yet that track you are talking about. I'm talking in general)

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Great job Nuno (and Digga), keep it up!

15. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

So Basically, a 10 year old codemasters game, thats where this track originated from(TOCA3), and has had mega work done to it.......is ok to have here at an ISI forum, even though no permissions have been sort, as goes with ORAN PARK, same deal there, so where do we draw the line at, what is permissable and what is not.....regarding using tracks from other platforms, with no permissions attained.....maybe tim could clarify this question

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Intel, my question wasn`t any offense against you. I just thought, working together, in case of similar problems, could help everybody. What Nuno (i guess) meant, was about permission from your side, to make some fixes.

17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Sorry for ot, but if I have aa transparency enabled in the player file and disabled in the Nvidia control panel, aa transparency is off right?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have it enabled, as Tuttle advised...

19. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I simply don't understand you. You talk like if in your hard drive or even in your rfactor instalation there's only legal content.If that is the true I congratulate you.

I'm not saying that we must do it but I'm also not saying anyone not to do. rFactor 2 needs content and needs primarily quality content to make simracers understand that rF2 is the best sim out there and that graphics are not completely outdated as we keep seeing over the internet.

Regarding to this thread I did not saw yet any direct link to download the track or even a release log so I don't really see the problem...

If you give me 2 tracks to play, one legal and outdated and a ilegal but quality conversion i will certainly play the second one without heavy conscience because I own almost every sims and pseudo sims out there to support the company who make it.

Apart from all of this and because I have no intention to start a flame war with anyone here I invite everyone to follow the work that is being done in my forum with some work from yesterday night too.

Feel free to join and participate...

http://www.simracing.endless-resources.org/index.php?action=post;board=17.0

Cheers :)

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

But it's not "here on the forum". I guess that's why it hasn't been deleted. It is elsewhere for people to look for themselves.