What is your top lap times Monaco 1960s dry ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I don´t know why, but always my practice session alone despite others driver appears on radar and doing their times too.
    My practice session is marked as private but i don´t know how to change it.

2. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Only a 1:26.xx and I don't see any room for improvement, I feel I have more grip on my out lap than subsequent laps. Acceleration seems to be the issue for me I just can't get any power down even in 3rd.

3. coops

coops Banned

the Tyre mod has not been finished yet so i think these times r pointless.

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Yeah, I think these times are too fast for these cars on that track

5. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

fastest race lap 1968 Dick ATTWOOD BRM 1'28''1

6. stress8all

stress8all Registered

I don't know what the Private session option is, maybe if it's not on Private it's broadcast as a multiplayer server? To have less cars you need to set Number of AI Opponents to 0.

7. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Defiantly in the sense of "who is best / competition" I was just intrestead in seeing general lap-times from people so I have a ruff metric for if I'm going fast or slow. with laptimes I'm mostly just racing myself but by looking at other peoples laps it helps you confirm that you are in fact taking corner x wrong.

what the posts in this thred have highlighted is the effect the rubber has Its such a good feature.
    I was racing megane the other day and I was in first defending against a guy on my bumper , on the straight the guy made a move to pass me on the right off the rubber line so I made it look like I was defending him so he moved even more to the right father still from the rubber , I then moved back to the racing line and he over broke due to lack of grip letting me keep p1 as I passed him out of the corner.

The dynamic track aspect of Rf2 is its single biggest USP over the other games sure the tire model is fine and graphics are passable but the way the road changes gradually with weather and rubber make for deeper competitive racing.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Which was faster than Graham Hill's pole lap. So times are all relative... In those days you drove a little differently sometimes... And once those guys got in a rhythm they really flew, and unfortunately that's why Bandini lost his life, pushing too hard in the race.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Still very interesting to see. I try to drive as if my life depends on it (when I'm in a patient mood) and I broke 1:29s, but haven't had time to get down further.

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I solve the problem. In race settings, clicked on practice tab and there is a option private (you drive alone in traCK despite all others cars appears on radar and record laps) or normal (everyone in track).

11. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I found this video. I'm guessing it's from the early '70s?

I thought it was really cool.