What is this ISI point to point track?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Galaga, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

This is from interview with Luc. What track is it? Also, it mentions working with current rF2 timing system. Is this something modders can implement today until new system is available? Would be great if so, especially if works with LiveRacers servers because now has to be circuit.

Doug: Is there a way to do a point-to-point track in rFactor 2 (unlike rFactor 1 which was limited to 3 points)? For example, is there a way to do checkpoints inside a rally stage?

Luc: Point-to-point is still high on our “want to do properly” list, meaning we still want to add proper ruling and scoring for it, etc. That said, we have a point-to-point track already constructed for rF2 in which the timing works now using our current system. But, again, until the proper rules and scoring is coded to support it, it won’t be released – and it would require an update to bring it up to our current standard!

2. Twista

Twista Registered

It was shown at the very start of RF2's lifespan. I doubt they're focusing on it much now, and it'll need updated quite a lot.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot of it from back in 2009, along with the Panoz Roadster.

[​IMG]

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There's a ton of mystery stuff (cars and tracks, including dirt) that was revealed between, I don't know, 2008 and 2010? for rF2.

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I don't remember seeing that. Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting!