What is the process of mod building a car from scratch

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Steve Cunningham, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

I mean can someone outline the process so I can understand what is involved ?
    Even if I pay someone else to do it, at least I know what they have to do.

Do they use a template or build everything from scratch.

What tools are involved or needed and what skills are required to do such a thing ?
    Thanks

Nieubermesch likes this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I need the same honestly! ​

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean modelling it, doing the physics, or sounds, usually they're done by different people. Modelling you can use blender, which is free, then you'll need to texture it, I don't know what free options are out there. Physics, https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/car-development/car-physics. Sound, I have no idea.

4. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

Well, I guess I don't really even know enough to ask a real question about it in terms of exactly what it is really even called.

Perhaps what I want is an outline or overview of scratch building / car development process.
    Maybe that is a better term instead of mod.
    If I can understand the process and get a detailed overview then I can work on it.
    If I can't do each step myself, I could outsource smaller pieces of it or even paid services for some of these pieces.

Please advise thanks

5. svictor

svictor Registered

you can find almost full documents of building car mods from those offical legacy guides here; https://www.studio-397.com/modding-resources/

one of the "Car Modding Complete Tutorial v1.0 PDF " outlines how to build a car mod from scratch to end, so that should help you.

Modding in rf2 involves a lot trial and error, and requires to pay attention to many details to avoid issues, just don't give up, keep trying, and all should be fine. There are lots answers in forum as well, use search to find.

6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Oh nice, I knew that existed but couldnt find it lol. Thanks!

svictor likes this.