What is the correct way to position the corner workers?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by toebee, Apr 5, 2012.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

I couldn't find this discussed anywhere. I was able to get it to work but I noticed its causing the game to crash. Strange thing is it take a while to crash (about 25 mins into a race), but I can get it to crash repeatedly. Its fine however when I remove it. This is in DEVMODE and I haven't tested single player.

Maybe Im positioning it wrong? I hid everything except the bones, imported in a model from my track to help me position. Selected the bones and moved them to my position. Then unhide the mesh and exported it. Is that wrong?

Thanks

2. ethone

ethone Registered

I'm not sure mispositioned bones would cause a crash but I make sure to move the cworker mesh and bones at the same time so they don't move in relation to each other.

Also, have you run your test in accelerated time?

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Im a little confused by your post. You move the mesh and bones at the same time so they don't move in relation to each other? I thought you want them together? I noticed that the mesh moves to where ever I had the bones so I didn't think I needed to select the mesh to. I'll try that though. No I haven't run an accelerated time test. This was just letting the a.i. run at normal speed. What would I be looking for if I ran it accelerated?

I guess I can try to run a trace, I forgot about that. Hope it works in devmode lol.

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I haven't tried doing corner workers at all yet. Do you actually need to import the bones into your track scene? I'm under the impression, from what I've read so far, that all you need to do is import the mesh, position it, and tell it to use the animation files generated from the corner worker's scene.

5. toebee

toebee Registered

I am only exporting the mesh, using animation files from one of the isi tracks. Matched up what isi has in their scn file.

6. ethone

ethone Registered

When you move both of them at the same time they don't move relatively to each other. :)
    I haven't worked with bone-rigged models before but I was under the impression that the bones too had to be moved.

As for accelerated time I've experienced crashes with that in dev mode but if you're not using it when it crashes for you then your issue is apparently unrelated.

7. toebee

toebee Registered

I think I figured out what was going on. It looks like I didn't have the flag texture set up right.