What is the best shader for use in road lines?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by raul999, Feb 2, 2015.

1. raul999

raul999 Registered

Hola, can you tell me what is the best shader to use the rfactor2 road lines?

i have a good texture, now i need know what shader is best to get this lines:
    [​IMG]

Thank you mates

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

In Devcorner there is a Joesville sample for 3DS Max.

Loading it 3DS Max, you can see the shader that is used for everything, configurations of materials, configurations for the export ....

Track Example (3DS Max track section)

*** ISI TRACK TEAM, would be very interesting if we could get a section of a new circuit, with last shaders, last materials configurations.... It would be a great reference for those who do not really know how to do things.

3. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Indeed, if you look at the Joesville section, you'll see that they are set up with Source Blend: Src Alpha and Destination Blend: One, using Specular Map T1 mul T2.
    Although these days we'd probably just go for Src Alpha and Inv Src Alpha, using the Bump Specular Map T1 shader.

4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I've been using bump map t1 mul t2 with src alpha/inv src alpha in milagres kart circuit with reasonable results

5. Luc Van Camp

If the texture res is high enough, you don't need the extra T2 detail map. Spec map might produce a nice effect on the other hand ;) .

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I adopted the bump instead of specular because in lower sun hours I like the cracked effect that bump give to texture and use the same detail texture that I use in road only with some brightness and contrast adjustments in T2.

[​IMG]

7. Luc Van Camp

If the layer of paint is thick enough to warrant a normal map, then that means texture resolution will be high enough that you don't need the T2. Bump Specular Map T1 sounds like a no-brainer then.

8. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Your posts make me go search for something better than I had... Made from scratch and seamless... Not tested yet but at least this one have much more detail...

Two colors with normal and specular at 4096x128

[​IMG]

:D

Original

[​IMG]

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

bumping for interest.