What is normal CPU usage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

My cpu is Intel Core i5 2500k, stock speeds.
    I wonder if this cpu usage is normal while playing rF2?

[​IMG]

I was using Core Temp to log my cpu usage.
    It looks like 1st core load is 60-90%, while 2nd and 3rd only 10-20%, and 4th: 40-50%. Normal?
    Will we see usage of 4 cores in the future?

It is no doubt that rF2 use all this of my cpu, because while idle the cpu usage is very low.
    And as I've mentioned in many other threads, battlefield 3 running absolutely fine here.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm using the same CPU and the purple bar looks about the same.

I would love to see this game making more use of the CPU and more than two cores.

3. Armando

Armando Registered

It is normal.
    The green bar is the graphics thread, and it should be nearly 100% always if your FPS are not limited by "Max Framerate" or Vsync.
    The purple bar is the physics thread, and it should never be very high, so that there's always time to make all the calculations. It's OK in your case if the AI was not driving the car.

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Its ok , i5 3570K @4GHz 2cores ~80% /1~30%/ 1 under 10%

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: What is normal CPU usage?

Ok thanks guys, then cpu is not the problem for me. My gpu usage is 80-98% on both cards. But still having trouble with performance... Silverstone isn't drivable even with everything set to low, in 4980x1080 res :(

I'm starting t think it's the two last builds that's the problem. Before 228 I could use highest settings and aa on one monitor, with only one gpu enabled, now I can't. And it's not crossfire problem, because I do get a fps boost with it enabled.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

6. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Here's mine with 15 AI cars....

[​IMG]

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If you are running SLI or crossfire, then that is where your performance issues are coming in. Quite a number of people have been having issues with stutter and lower frame rates when running more than a single card.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm running crossfire, and I get increased frame rates from it.
    Just a few days ago it reduced my fps and also added massive stuttering, but I have tried millions of different settings and finally find something that can run crossfire smooth. I have to make my own rfactor application profile, and use 'dynamic frame rate control'. Only track that is not running 100% smooth is Silverstone.

So I have increased performance with crossfire and one monitor, but I can't get triple monitors to work. As I've said, Silverstone is not even drivable on LOW. Maybe crossfire becomes a problem when running multiview in higher resolution, but when disable crossfire I get to low frame rate so it doesn't feel smoother anyway.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sorry to hear that Hedlund, I run a single 6950 and triples with most things on high or maxed and I get smooth frame rates even on silverstone. I don't get high frame rates, but everything is smooth. I think I get around 35 -45 fps in most spots.