SOLVED what is going on with rfactor 2?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by acincheyenne, Dec 7, 2022.

1. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

I just uninstalled and reinstalled on my C drive and had to wait for 2 days for everything to validate. Jumped into the Tatuus F3.T318 and the game crashes. I ran the trace file and it is looking for .scn files from workshop items that downloaded, .rcd files for the pace car...and a million more lines of crap.

What happened???? This is unacceptable from every aspect.

2. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Well I uninstalled and unsubscribed to all the content except for the crap that I bought and the tatuus 318 and Gridway Mexico track and the game still crashes, it is looking for items that no longer are installed. What the hell is going on? How hard is it to get this right studio 397/Motorsport Games??? After almost 2000 hours on this game it has now become unusable...what the hell folks! Majorly frustrated here!!!

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

post the trace then

4. Sergitroon

Sergitroon Registered

Hi, to remove a mod you first have to uninstall it on the sim and then cancel the steam subscription or is it the other way around?

5. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Here are all the trace files.......just so you know it's real

Attached Files:

6. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Just an update to this frustrating situation. I uninstalled all the workshops mods and all others that I had and only ran a mod on the paid for DLC and no issues. Guess I'll have to wait for the smart folks to hopefully solve this siotuation.

7. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Just downloaded the F1 1996 mod from the workshop and it crashes too....here is the trace file

Attached Files:

8. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Thanks to everyone that helped me. The culprit was the newset AMD driver update. I had to revert back to the 22.5.1. update and everything is runnign fine...sorry rfactor 2 :)

davehenrie, Emery and Bjørn like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Many of these issues have long been acknowledged and work-arounds discovered. But we have had an influx of new users, primarily due to LFM so that 'some fixes' have been forgotten. That is why I 'usually' step in and request a list of hardware before searching for a solution. I kinda glossed over this thread, my apologies.
    The 22.5.1 driver is the only reliable solution at this time, the drawbacks are two fold, some of the newer AMD cards are reduced price, cutdown versions, and for whatever reason won't work with drivers as old as 22.5.1. The other drawback, is other games take advantage of the newer driver versions so it becomes a choice for the AMD gamer, do you swap drivers every time you change between games or give up rF2 or the whiz-bang new features of newer games? It is getting to the point we may someday have to consider two computers. One for racing and one for other games...

10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

for driver i would honestly suggest sticking with what is working now, i doubt AMD or Nvidia will make exclusively optimized drivers for rf2 ......ever.
    so for racing sim, if it ain't broken don't fix it mentality works.