What is best program for track building?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SmokinJo65, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

I guess I just have issues with so many models and textures out there and you really shouldn't use them. I come from a Golf Designer community that share almost everything so others can use for there golf courses to make an enjoyable experience for the players, if there were no clubhouses, trees, buildings, bathrooms, signs, etc it would be very stagnant and not very enjoyable to play..lol, Not everyone is awesome at creating things in max, there is no way I could do a grandstand but I am capable of simple things. If you don't sell your track there really shouldn't be an issue and nobody sells tracks unless your making a mod and selling it but that is not what I am hear to do and if I did make a mod it would be free to everyone. I just want others to enjoy my work, I am not in it for profit. The more tracks people have, the more enjoyable time they will have with racing, I guess I would get bored quickly if there was only a few tracks to race, that's why it was so great to have all these converted tracks in rFactor1..lol

Also I found out you have to re-assign the textures even though it shows in on the model and THEN click copy all.

Oh and I was doing really well with your FFD4x4x4 video but had to move back quite a few times because you were hitting buttons to fast for me to see which ones you were clicking on..lol, I know the feeling though when making a video, your so use to something that you don't even realize how fast your going because my Dad says this a lot when trying to teach him something on the computer, he tells me to slow down so he can actually see what I am clicking..lol

When I hear that you should add more poly's to the track mesh in certain area's (like corners) with rF2 tracks you do the same process but how do you actually add more poly's to the corner area..lol, Once again there might be a video or another part of the forums with this answer but since it is in my head I might as well write it down hear just in-case I cant find that issue. :D

Think I'm going to try that FFD4x4x4 video once more on my Raceway Park track to ingrain it to my head, I can remember a lot of the steps but the more you do it the easier it is to remember ALL the steps, plus my friend would be interested in this because he would love to make a Figure 8 MOD since we (my friends) all loved the Figure 8 racing in GRID I think or it was another game..lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012