What I Like About rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 18, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Vertical FFB.

When I drive my favorite cars, which are not the first cars I pick; but in fact the cars with the most FFB sensitive to up and down suspension movement/vertical FFB. As I drive a real car I don't necessarily have this type of FFB but a lot of shock in my hands , while it's my bum in the seat that gives me this vertical information.
    I guess in a sim you are "flying by the seat of your pants". Or I suppose it would be "driving without the the seat of your pants" so it needs to be done with the wheel some how, which I find done best with vertical FFB or I guess more so "exaggerated vertical FFB" in this case.

The car I find that does this best in rF2 is the 917K. This car is beating me up all the time, which keeps me engaged and on my game. When I get a dead wheel with other cars I become disengaged from my natural reactions and am forced to think manually, which is much slower and not as fun.

Now that I know what it is I'm looking for in a sim I notice/look for this in other cars and sims. I find rF2 does it best.

Is there a way to get more vertical FFB in other cars in rF2?

ceecee, Filip and David Kolody like this.
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

My feelings exactly. G forces, smell, fear of crash and all these things makes it fun and exciting in real life even driving 70bhp car on a empty road. But sitting comfortably in a chair in front of 2D screen I need to be engaged somehow to compensate for the lack of all the adrenaline pumping stuff. That doesn't mean arcade style action. Physics must be very believable for me to get suspension of disbelief.
    Rf2 in this regard gives me the most engaging experience in a way that I didn' t have to "learn" to play it, from the first laps in demo everything was natural and I could feel the car, connection with the road and it had more details, like the physics was on higher frequency than other sims and it is not just ffb.

In most scenarios with good modelled cars it is most engaging, believable, responsive and rewarding sim to me.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Not only ffb but sound is a key aspect of any sim,which unfortunately rf2 is lacking in.
    Some cars have weak numb ffb in rl,specially those with power steering,electric power steering is the devils second creation next to diesel

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

been driving URD C7r for few months with OSW wheel which feels great the 767b Mazda is a blast too on the ring absolute beast to drive :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I design and build sim cockpits with full surround sound. The sound is usually heavier with rF2 for me.

On the note of power steering I imagine could be a coders nightmare to interpret being that power steering is basically anti-force feed back!:)

patchedupdemon likes this.