what file do we edit to make full course yellows come out when a crash happens

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Feb 21, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

what file do we have to edit to make the full course yellows come out

2. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

in .rfm files within the rFm-Folder you find e.g. the following:

DefaultScoring
    {

// Safety car threshold multipliers, in other words an adjustment for the sensitivity of the game to calling
    // full-course cautions. These can be different for road vs. oval courses. Lower numbers result in more
    // full-course cautions; default=1.0, possible values are 0.01 (very sensitive) and up. Values more than
    // 5.0 will probably result in no full-course cautions being called by the game (note that there are now
    // multiplayer admin commands to call cautions).
    SafetyCarRoadMult=9.00
    SafetyCarOvalMult=9.00

// Whether full-course cautions may be called for a spin more than 90 degrees where the driver keeps going.
    // These can be different for road vs. oval courses. Higher values will result in more full-course cautions
    // due to these temporary spins; default=0.0, possible values are 0.0-2.0.
    SpinRoadSeverity=0.00
    SpinOvalSeverity=0.00

// Minimum laps during a full-course yellow; default = 2, possible values are 1 (?) and up ... remember that it
    // might be useful to override this one in some track GDBs.
    // Changed from 3 to 2
    MinimumYellowLaps = 2

// Additional random yellow laps; default = 1, possible values are 0 and up.
    RandomYellowLaps = 0

}

In rF2 you have to unpack the Mod-rFm, adjust the values and pack them again.

or you or a marshall could do:

/throwyellow [<laps>] // admin/server command starts a full-course caution for the given number of laps (must be at least 2). If laps is not given, normal randomized value will apply.

Cheers
    Frank

3. les

les Registered

ok so we dont set these to be track specific ?? thats what your saying i guess

i have not seen this in any files i have seen i went looking though all the rf2 folders and files

and when i went to the rfm folder i opened up them with notepad in devmode folders and there is nothing about yellows

you would think that full course yellows would be tied to the track, i have not found anything in rf2 about where to change the default values

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  4. freew67

freew67 Registered

Its tied to the mod. Since in real life each series has specific rules to when yellows are tossed. Tie it to the track and your stuck with those rules. In rf1 it was:

/ Whether full-course cautions may be called for a spin more than 90 degrees where the driver keeps going.
    // These can be different for road vs. oval courses. Higher values will result in more full-course cautions
    // due to these temporary spins; default=0.0, possible values are 0.0-2.0.
    SpinRoadSeverity=0.45
    SpinOvalSeverity=1.05

5. les

les Registered

well there are not any mods that use ovals yet i guess so ill have to wait i guess cause i have not found it

unless its not in the mods yet

6. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

In rF2 basically everything is packed ... see tutorials for details.

You may create your own .rfm file and then add this to the package. See .rfm files of rF1 (e.g. NSCRS06.rfm) for a complete example what rfm files may contain.

I prefer using rfm files for changing those behaviors but others may prefer a different approach.

7. les

les Registered

thank you for helping me understand

8. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

rfm folder in moddev, when you package it might take it with you... if there is no way to do oval rules... that's pretty big slap in the face.

9. les

les Registered

found it they have not left us out when you create your rfm file for the mod and tracks you set the rules in there for oval

10. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

awesome... glad to hear it.