What does rFactor 2 have for cheat protection?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Any details are welcome. What server? What content? Some servers run no mechanical damage which equals people closing radiator and brake ducts. It can have a huge effect on top speed.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think that in those cases, the best thing would be to report nick/driver name to ISI.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. stonec

stonec Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=374059&viewfull=1#post374059

Build 982 has problem enabling people to join with modified physics built mod. It was most probably that, because cheating with rF2 has been low to minimal in general.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Low to minimal? Outside of that, which looked to have been this build only and luckily noticed, I haven't found anything outside of one person in a restricted forum. But said person was never able to give details, explain how, replicate, or provide any proof and it was in a different build other than 982.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  5. bwana

bwana Registered

Ive seen on a popular f3 server. 2 cars that ran 3 seconds faster than everyone and passed cars on the straight luke they where standing still. No vent , wing options available to tweak there.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sounds like the " Fast F3" cars allowed through filter.

Same thing happened my room with rookie, all I saw was this red flash pass me on run up to Les Combe.

F3 with a rocket up it's :eek:

lol

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Avoid 982, simple as that.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It is no worry, well not for open rooms ;)

Since the fast F3 cars were made I have had them in F3-Rookies one room out of 100's

9. redapg

redapg Registered

What holds you back to create a Video from this and share it here?

10. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I do remember it being a Nissan/Nismo server at Sao Paulo. GTRs and 370 Z race together.

11. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

How would even do that? And how would I have the foresight to record my races because I know someone has a cheat? I don't even know how to record, let alone my PC probably couldn't even handle it. I'm running a Core 2 Duo here, and have low settings with replays off to get me max performance.

You guys automatically think I'm making this up. Like, why would even bother to do that? Pro-athletes risk their careers by taking PEDS to win games; you don't think there won't be somebody a little computer savvy that can make their car a little faster than everyone else that doesn't have to worry about any legal consequences?

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

The replay saving doesn't alter performance though. And nobody's not believing you, it would nonetheless be nice to form our own opinions - or should we just take your opinion of him cheating as fact?

13. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Maybe on your computer, but on mine there's a difference. I mention one guy in one incident and now I have to hire a lawyer and go to court to prove it to everyone. I didn't even say a name. I'm not even outright accusing a specific person. Forget it, you don't want to believe me, then don't. Not my problem. I'm out.

14. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

last week i was on some server with meganes vs corvetteGT2(or nissanGTR).i was driving megane like 5 or 6 more people and others was in GT2 car or nissanGTR.

and i was checking some drivers in megane how they drive in live view,and i encountered to some guy in megane driving 280+ kmh.wtf this is not right,and i went asking people what is top speed of megane.most of them sad 235 or 45 i dont remember corectly.

then i ask about that guy driving megane 280+ kmh.i was very suspicious about that and i guess everyone who drove megane would be.BUT then people sad he is driving GT2 car or GTR,and then everything was clear i was somehow seeing megane instead other car.

i tried to restart RF2 but that guy was still in megane instead other car.so i think you probably had same experience like me,its some kind of bug but not cheating i think.

dont come to a conclusions to soon,investigate a bit or ask people on server if they see same thing..

15. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

and yes two weak ago i had clio race with some guys,was great racing and i dicided to watch replay again.and somehow the fastest guy from race one was clio safetycar,same in race two.but only in replay,in race was everything ok.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I seem to remember some kind of megane turbo mod a while back. Could it be the guy in the 280 kph Megane was somehow using that mod instead of the vanilla Megane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

other people saw other car so it was only on my screen..so i dont think so,and the top speed matches that class they were driving

18. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Stay calm!
    I think most people actually believes you. There has been actually a lot of rumorology about this since B982. That's why it would have been nice that you had replays activated so that everybody could have checked it. It is simply a shame and no worries about it since it is not possible to do anything about it.

Hopefully and considering that other cases have been mentioned after your post, someone will be able to upload a video.

Hopefully as well we will get this "bug" fixed soon in next build..

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think the video was requested as a way to shame the cheater more so than prove if you are making this up.