What do Studio 397 think about Endurance-Racing...

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Dobbie, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hey Guys,

if i recognized right Studio 397 has seen the 24h race on Nordschleife at P1-Simracing last weekend. It was a great Event at the end, so much emotions, so much tensions because of weather changing, so much realism, and so less problems. Okay, i´ve had some lags about 3 Seconds and one rF2-Crash, but Server runs without any problem!

Biggest disappointment for me and all the participated drivers were, that it seems to be soooo difficult to generate drivers and teams all over the world. I don´t know why it isn´t possible to reach much more enthusiasts especially for the 24h Nordschleife!?

But: i think Endurance-Racing is the biggest Plus for rFactor2, day/night, driver-swap, weather... No other sim could it as good as rF2! But for me it´s on the publisher to make best advertisement for his product and his advantages. If we want the greatest and most realistic Endu-races, i think we all should try to do all the best for it and you should support the communities as good as you can, because every most professional Event is best advertising for rF2 and for you! And if Enduraces runs without problems, all races will do ;).

I don´t have much concrete proposals how to do. First i think an clear and early termin calendar is the most important thing to avoid overlapping. But i think Studio397 should develop some ideas to make those Events more public and integrate and central point of actual further information about upcoming events as early as possible. Endu-Racing is also an thing about a lot of time of preparation for teams and drivers.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm pretty sure if rF2 had a licensed Nords you could see VEC guys putting 80 cars in a 24h race there. But with the AC track forget it

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

We still have Nordschleife2_v2.01 which I think is a masterpiece, and completely legal.

Steam news advertisements would be very positive so everyone who launches rF2 knows what is going on around it. Maybe more contact with the main simracing blogs and some advertising there would be positive too.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  4. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Lot of drivers out of our community makes an sidestep from Assetto or iRacing to rFactor2 said, that´s the rF2 Nordschleife isn´t much realistic and lovely as the others and won´t drive it because of not realistic layout in some stages. I has driven some laps on AC and must say, it´s very much lovely as our. Even we had some issues last year with invisible blocks on some points on the track, for example in Hatzenbach. Okay, since then Apex did some work on his mod and i think that´s the reason why we dindn´t has that problems this year, but with other mods it could be the same. We should hope that it became very nicer with DX11 and and looking forward to an own laserscan...

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

nords is a brill track, but like above I couldn't even bring myself to try it in rf2 as it will seem like toy town compared to the laser scanned version I've lapped many times in iracing ( I wish this was not the case of course )

I'd pay for a laser scan version for rf2 of course .....no brainer

6. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Most of the simracers have never and will never actually race in the real Nordschleife, then why is it that important that a couple of turns are not an exact replica of their real life counterparts? That's something I will never understand.

Two of the best tracks in simracing are Mills and Toban, both fictional tracks. Are they worse because of being fictional?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Apples and Oranges. The ENTIRE purpose of building a car or track that exists, is to make a 1:1 copy. If someone just wants to make fictional tracks, no one is stopping them.

Lazza likes this.
  8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Some real life tracks are known for certain things and among them is the flow of the corners. It is like a completely new track and at the Ring, in the very, very few laps I've tried, it's quite pronounced. GPL's Spa is a great example of a track that is off but feels good because the game version's still has a very flowing layout.

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I also raced in the P1 24 hours of tje Nordschliefe. This season and last.
    It was amazing, the drama, the rain, the exhaustion.
    For me the highlight was my stint from 2am to 5am where dawn broke. It was beautiful.
    We came P2 in class having had to recover after tech issues and a 6 hour chase to catch and pass the car ahead.

AC might have a prettier version but I came to race and you dont see much in the dark anyway.

Wishmaster and Euskotracks like this.