What becomes of rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickbox, Feb 14, 2014.

1. filippu

filippu Registered

You want graphics and lots of content ? Go play Forza or Gran Turismo ! Perfect for you.

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Different products suits different needs, not a single problem with that. For me, RF2 is fine and dandy, for others maybe not. They will find better with other products, hopefully. The only regret of RF2 is documentation, they should take a young unemployed guy, tell them in their breaks how stuff works and he should write blogs to explain things to us.

3. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Just a note:

rF2 has 23 cars to AC's 24
    rF2 has 11 race tracks to AC's 6 (or 8 if you include the drag strip and skid course)
    rF2 has 22 race track variations to AC's 9 (or 11 if you include the drag strip and skid course)

4. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Ok, time to come out from behind my steering wheel and climb onto my soap box .....

There's for and there's against as in most things in life. Those against tend to be louder, especially the keyboard warriors in forums such as this.

To all those against, it's not for us to criticise ISI's business model our how they distribute resource. There's nothing to stop ISI putting their hands up saying "right it's done and finished, we're off" and if they did that where would you all be ......... probably over on some AC forum thumping them for lack of physics. If you keep bashing ISI then it's a very real possibility they will do just that. You've paid your bucks, and it wasn't really that much and if you really don't like it you can even get it back if you want so please just go away.

To all those for ...... SHOUT LOUDER :)

To ISI, you have done, and are doing, a brilliant job, please keep it up & stick to your guns. Tim I've no idea how you have the patience on this forum but I salute you sir.

RF1 was/is brilliant and a sim racer's dream that lasted for years and years ....... RF2 is simply even better :)

JR
    (Sim & Real life racer)

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This needs a +1. Here, have one, good sir. Do you have room for one more on your soap box..? :)

Tim must indeed be the definition of zen. How he puts up with all the spoilt nonsense and needless drama from some forum posters is beyond me.

Constructive criticism is nothing less than gold, and we all know that this is ever present on the ISI forums. You can criticize the business model, the physics, the graphics, whatever. Just for the love of all that is good, do it in a dignified, contructive manner.

Nonetheless too much of the criticism on this forum is just the opposite.
    Entitled brats mouthing off and whining. Know-it-all "real-life racers" (who have maybe once in their life gone too fast on a public road and think that makes 'em racers) bashing the physics team.
    A virus indeed. Happens on all sim/game boards of course. But this particular sim indeed deserves better from its community, imho. My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  6. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I have suspected for a long time it may involve happy pills. I couldn't do it.

Think the whole thread is one big wiggly worm on a hook anyways, with multiple troll fishermen sharing the rod. What will become? Well it's already good and I don't see it getting worse. So at under $100 it's a gift that just keeps giving. You could spend $100 on a meal or something else that is but a brief pleasure. What do people want a webcam feed of the ISI office to make sure they are getting their moneys worth? Open full published accounts maybe? Freakin freaks me the f out. If you can only afford one racing title just choose, you aren't really into simulations anyway, you want something that is complete and you can complete, something that flashes gratifying stars up every 60 seconds reassuring you that you are an ace driver only held back by money and that spare tyre (round your gut). If you like simulation you already know this is an essential piece of software. If you can't afford the hardware to run it yet don't complain at ISI.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah for sure, that'd be awesome wouldn't it?

"Hey track team!! Get the f*** to work you lazy bums! Don't think we cannot see you!" lol

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Simple solution don't discus such silly topics as how ISI has to do their work or how ISI has to sell their products.
    For my part at this point I will begin to ignore topics which turning into this silly discussions and I will use the ignore forum user feature for future to save my time.
    Nothing more that I can do. I hope other will follow my example and stop feeding trolls.

Edit: Those people who means they can do it better found your own company and do it. If you have success I will purchase your product.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Can you run Unreal maps in Unreal 2?
    Can you run Battlefield 1942 maps in Battlefield 4?

No.

New technology requires newly prepared content. Maps can be converted and brought up to new standard. This has happened in other games - some maps in later Unreal Tournament are remakes of maps from older Unreals. Some maps were converted by community.
    The same is happening with rF2. ISI has updated Mills and given us new version of Silverstone. Community is working on Lienz and converting other tracks.

If you're disappointed, then it's only because you were expecting something unrealistic.

10. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

I have never penalized ISI, I'm just telling the truth, then learn to read before you answer the silliness useless to debate! I'm a fan of RF1, then do not come breaking my balls with your **** answer is you need more on this board? "filippu,,,,marvelharvey..... and more"

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Your truth, mind you. Not everyone's truth.
    Chill a bit with the angry negativity. It's the last thing this forum needs.

12. smithaz

smithaz Registered

You are missing the point of AC compared with rF2. rF2 is all about the proper simulation of physics and handling and graphics come secondary while there is still plenty of more important things to be worked on. Even so, for me, rF2 graphics are clearer for me in terms of some types of jaggies, and I can see more detail in the far distance. What rF2 is missing is the shiney sun effect and nice colours that AC has. Where rF2 really shines though, is racing wheel to wheel online against other human opponents.

13. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

Thank you for all these elitist reaction!!! i like that !!!

14. filippu

filippu Registered

Poor thing, the whole world is against you !

15. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

Filippu you is the biggest asshole on this forum so shut your mouth and keep your small comentaire just for your little one.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

"I used to be new on rF2 forum, and then, I took an arrow to the knee..." :rolleyes:

17. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

18. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Please close this Thread.
    The insult are out of control.

19. filippu

filippu Registered

Nice, insults and threats by PM :

[​IMG]

:D

20. Denstjiro