What are the most realistic cars on rF2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrivingFast, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

I like that BMW.
    It "feels" authentic although I've never driven one :)
    Thank you.

Those unreleased ones, will they be public too?

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It really has something. Though I wish there would be more effort put in it. Opel Omega drvere here lol

DEK likes this.
  3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Maybe the best way to test the realism of the physics of a sim would be comparing it to a professional (almost fully) realistic sim in the same rig with the same car, track and setup. I think that would be even better than comparing a sim to real life experience of driving the same car, because in that case those driving experiences are very different from each other, even if the sim had fully realistic physics.

Jason Mullin likes this.
  4. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

Very true @Korva7.

I just wish I were younger because I would love to see racing sims 50 years from now.

Maybe I can cut a deal in the afterlife to come back for awhile!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Korva7 likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip Registered

Easy, convert to some religion with reincarnation and problem solved. ;)

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Supposedly someone has
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....audi-r8-rear-tyres-problem.62537/#post-980026

Korva7 likes this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I see it was mentioned but I also believe S397 Norma LMP3 and GP3 by Slow Motion should be realistic. The reason is both where developed basing on detailed, real data, tuned by working closely with engineers, comparing telemetry etc. Also real drivers tested and provided feedback.

mixer61, bwana, Filip and 1 other person like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I thank the users who said which cars were realistic according to them.

I hope I have other answers because your opinion interests me.

While waiting for other opinions, I have unsubscribed from the vast majority of mods (not all), keeping :

- the vast majority of ISI cars ;
    - All cars and all DLC from S397 ;
    - Palatov 2018, GP3 2018 , Metalmoro (the modder SlowMotion is IMO incredible) ;
    - KartSim.

While waiting for your contributions, I am in the process of deleting a lot of circuits too.

Before I could play 3 hours a day but no more now, so no need to collect the mods in my case.

In addition sync times are totally excessive (not to mention the loading time of the game).

Hany Alsabti likes this.
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I think the GTE cars have the best physics. They’re a bit more slides than they appear to be in real life. But they are fun.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

KartSim X30

The Iron Wolf and DrivingFast like this.
  11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yes the Porsche is one of the best handling cars in rF2, feels so natural and realistic. Norma LMP3 slides a lot but it's the car that was highly fine tuned according to feedback from racing teams. Oreca 07 on the other hand seems to have too much grip .

12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

for me the old ISI 60-70's (eve, Howston & co) car slips too much, it's not credible!

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

By doing what is said above, I get.........
    71 cars !

But as I said, I have not really sorted the ISI cars : as Oldseb says, some are probably not strictly realistic (but really good).

With 71 cars overall "very realistic", without being polluted by cars "less" realistic, rF2 becomes an incredible experience.....

pkelly, bwana and Mauro like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Speaking of tires, so much differences could be considered as realistic, as tires are very different. Of course, not without a limits :D Different compounds, different chord materials, different construction types, different sizes, different threads..... and so on, tires are insane.

15. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The Norma LMP3, it's a blast for drive

DrivingFast likes this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

If i can play Dick Trickle and i make at least 5 seconds from the record with default setup, the mod is unrealistic

edit, Dick Trickle:

pkelly and GeraArg like this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

Haha Dick trickle !!

18. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

i drove several times a rental kart (that slow one) after 10min racing over bumpy track, my hands and neck was soft.
    so by feeling i can compare only kart vs rf2 built in kart and its amaizing. i can say THIS IS THE CAR. just much faster and i enjoy it alot. so by action its 1:1.
    BUT a grey area for simracing for me comes with different wheels and ffb setings and that is where a lot of simracing becomes a complicated racing game with knowlege what forces to set up and how strong you need to put curb fx etc. in real life curb hits so hard as it hits, but here just so hard as i want, and thet is where objectivity for comparison ends.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is where it's hard to judge what's realistic though. I've been racing the eve F3 lately and it can certainly get very sideways and still be recovered on nearly the original line. Even on power, you can overdo it and not come to a grinding halt or fall off the track.

However, rarely is that the fastest way to do it - and on the occasions where the delta shows my fortuitous slide into a corner has gained me some time, a few laps later I get a normal entry and get on the power more cleanly and end up gaining time overall because I have more speed down the next straight. During a race I noticed that although I was staying on track while the tail went all over the place, I was losing time on each corner compared to the neater driving ahead.

And, occasionally, I would hit what I think is the sweet spot and have just the right amount of slip angle that allowed me to ease on the power and hit the right lines. My driving has me wandering all around that ideal, and it's rare that I stay on it, but that controlled sliding that feels like a (dull) knife edge looks entirely controlled and almost on rails from external replays.

Now, while I suspect it may be a little too easy to save out of shape moments, we know these cars will naturally allow more sliding than others due to tyre construction and benign aero. And the big unknown is how they're driven in real life if we're using that as a comparison - if I were driving in real life with trees and hay bales lining the track, I suppose I would drive the car more conservatively than not. I think there's little doubt drivers of that era generally stayed further from the limits than modern racers do, so it's not easy to compare to driving in a game where everyone pushes to - and past - the limit almost compulsively.

Korva7, marmagas and jimagn like this.
  20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

understeer and oversteer at 50km/h I've never seen this in any race car maybe in the 1920s.