WFG hotlap rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CamiloNino, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

When you back off a bit, you losing time. That's why the lap count.

Jego likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

should be strict, 2 wheels must be fully on track anywhere , if not track does not count + drive through !

no messing or any discussion re.cheating then, can see on line people cutting and awaiting for that lucky lap where system does not pick them up or they are only just within etc to hit that very quick time

ceecee and F1 2004 like this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Exactly Adrian. That was my impression. Actual system is too complicated. I asked about it long ago and tuning variables is simply too complicated. What is happening is the proof of it. Not even the developers can adjust it.

I think overall this will be good since it is putting S397 in the same situation that leagues have had to deal for years. Maybe from now on they will take it more seriously.

Hparadine likes this.
  4. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

It's not that simple. How does the game makes sure that you lifted enough to lose more time than the time you gained cutting? There should be no doubt about that I think.

I think for hotlaps / qualifications it should be a strict 2 wheels on track at all times, no matter what. For the race it should be more relaxed, taking into account lifting and repeated offenses.

Not sure if the game as it is right now can be set for different rules for qual and race sessions, maybe track modders know?

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What it can be done is to allow zero margin to cutting track and limit the number of cut tracks before applying a DT or SG. That is probably the most effective solution at the moment.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

During a race session there are 2 warnings before you get a penalty.
    If you lift when you are off track you won't get a warning.

So there is already some tolerance for the race.

7. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Do you know if it is way to change (increase) that limit of 2 warnings ? Or is it hardcoded ?

8. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I don't back off all the way, I said "a bit". Meaning I go half throttle and maintain my speed. After doing that on the exit of Copse, I have still put in personal best sectors.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Even in real life, this and the yellow flag rules should change. They simply aren't being complied.

Under yellow flag they just don't overtake. Nobody guarantees that they do lift a bit.

Last year we could see several cases of crossing the track to avoid being passed as Hamilton start I think in Canada.

The concept of not gaining time is not enough (for not saying stupid). Monaco or Baku show that when they want, they can stick to the limits.

Automatic systems are highly required to control this situations. I am sure it would enhance racing since only best drivers would be able to go closest to the limit without going wide.

Hparadine likes this.
  10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It's hardcoded.
    2 warnings is good for sprint races.
    IMO: For enduro races something need to be done about the "2 warnings".
    I like strict cut detection, but 2 warnings for a 2-3 hour stint isn't much.

Davvid likes this.