WFG hotlap rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CamiloNino, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Just wondering if it is stated somewhere what will be the track cutting rules for this?

In some leagues you have to keep 2 tires on the track at all times, but the definition of the track can change, some consider the curb part of the track, but not the green stuff after it, some consider both, some none...

Will the hotlaps be reviewed after the qual? or if the game takes it as a valid lap then that's enough?

I think lap times might change considerably depending on this, so it would be good to know. Its not like I have a chance hehe, just curious.

SPASKIS likes this.
  2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

The last updated track version of Silverstone, the track limits were trimed to suit that competition so i am thinking there it.....

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

They updated Silverstone because of that, I think. So it should be right, if the game takes it as a valid lap.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If a track has clearly painted lines the shouldn't be much discussion about it. What is simpler than a line to establish a limit.

The only detail I have always missed is to clearly specify when a tire is in or out of the track.

In my opinion the line always belongs to the area it designates, so no part of the tire should lay outside that line to be considered in the track.

However, I have never found an OFFICIAL clarification in FIA regulations.

Hparadine likes this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

F1 rule is two wheels on the track(inside of white line)

bwana and SPASKIS like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And what is inside of the white line? Can it be driven on it?

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

In Silverstone it was allowed to drive on the line. Depends a bit sometimes also having all four wheels outside it is allowed Spa T1 is good example of that.

8. Jego

Jego Registered

I would say its tolerated.

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

The sim/track decides what's a cut. I've been stung with it plenty. just push and you'll learn where you can and can't be a bit wide.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As I said there seems to be no official criteria to determine whether a tire is in or out of the track.

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Watched a few guys on a server the other night running 58's . Our league would have investigated for sure. Fun race last night Ari btw ;)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

F1 rules state two wheels on the white all the time, even if there is a curb inside, unless they've changed. But the rule is a complete mess and not followed. For example at Abu Dhabi there are plenty of double white lines at random places, which don't "count" against the cutting rule. And almost on all corners with wide curbs, drivers are free to extend over the exit curb, because Charlie has determined it does not improve lap time, which is of course total bs.

The few times FIA tried to enforce not going fully over the curb on exits, they failed totally to keep consistency (Vettel vs Alonso at 2012 Silverstone I remember best). I ask myself why circuits add such wide curbs if drivers are not allowed to extend over them. Go back to 90's style curbs, problem solved. Many sim racing leagues allow extending over curbs for this reason.

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I completely agree. FIA is not even competent to make such a simple rule be complied. But for sure they will penalize for driving over pit lines where you usually gain no time in comparison.

14. Comante

Comante Registered

This is one of the good thing of computer programs : there is no grey zone : you hit the invisible trigger : you're out, you miss it, you're in, if who made the track did his job, then there are no cuts that can make you gain time.

15. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Well, I just did a few laps in the official server, and yeah your lap wont count if you cut or go too wide.

But it has some variability to it, on some laps going just a little bit wide would trigger it, on others it wont, seems to be related with how much speed you are carrying and what you are doing with your inputs.

I'm pretty sure on one of my laps I went completely wide while at full throttle but for some reason the lap counted. I wouldn't trust it 100% if it was up to me.

bwana likes this.
  16. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

BTW, how is cheating going to be controlled? Now that the top time is mostlikely a cheater (Same guy that was banned recently from this forum, BlackGoku) I guess is a no brainer than an event like this will attract cheaters.

I have not raced competitively in about 10 years, so I don't know how it works in rF2 and Steam, but in the rF1 days, any respectable league would run an anti cheat systeam that would monitor your system memory to prevent people from changing physics parameters on the fly.

Do we know if there is any anti cheat system in place?

Korva7 likes this.
  17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I entered competition this morning. Cut track detecting feature is working very randomly. I could track track several laps gaining time without being penalised. In other less blatant cases I got penalised.

The times being set do not offer the credibility I would expect for such a competition.

Hparadine likes this.
  18. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Yeah, I noticed that if I back off a bit it doesn't invalidate my lap. They'd need a full game update to fix this though, seems like a game thing.

19. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

They will be keeping an eye on the top 20 times, and viewing their replay data I guess.

Edit: Those who wanna know the rules - https://www.studio-397.com/worlds-fastest-gamer/
    Scroll down to where it says "Rules".

20. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Yeah, but as far as I understand, the review will be based on the replay. If someone uses a hack to change something like, lets say, grip or drag coefficient to be 0.1% higher using a memory hack that could still give them 2 or 3 tents while looking legit on the replay.

I used to race in FSR years ago and they forced people to use an anti hack launcher for this very reason. I don't know if Steam has some anti cheat system integrated or something.

Although now that I think about it, maybe its better not to disclose the details of how the anti cheat works (if there is one of course), so I guess we will have to just trust them?