Wetnees on the main line of a track is not shown

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Sauron04, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

Hello.
    There are tracks in which the HUD shows the % of humidity outside the main line and the % inside the main line. But thera are many other circuits in which the % of humidity within the main line is not shown.
    What must be in the files of a circuit jso that the % of humidity is marked on the mail line of the track?
    Where and how is defined to be able to see that in te HUD information you can see the % of wetness in the main trace?

Thanks a lot !

JParra likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The HUD shows the minimum and maximum "wetness" on the driving line around the entire track.

Sometimes the minimum will stay on 0% because a bridge or overpass stops the rain hitting that part of track and it stays dry.

For info, years ago the figures did report the average wetness on- and off-line, but that changed some time ago.

3. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

This is true, you are right. I was looking at the Sao Paulo circuit of ISI that I did not remember any bridge but a simple information or advertising panel does not let a piece of track get wet.

This is really another step back from rFactor because the best thing about racing in the rain is when you can put flat tires and without this information it is really difficult.

Thank you very much for your answer and clarification.

4. JParra

JParra Registered

Do you know if there is any progress in this regard?

In my community we really appreciate racing in the rain and it's a shame to have to despise good tracks because of this problem.

Thank you.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

I really don't understand it. That data of minimum humidity on the track is useless. There are circuits with very good effects of rain but it is useless if you cannot race on them in the rain after not knowing the humidity on the line to change tires. With rF2 they did a job of changing the humidity on and off the line for the maximum and minimum humidity that has meant a step backwards in the use of circuits and their potential with the effects of rain. They only serve to take a few laps and then take a photo because the most of circuits have some bridge, overpass or advertising that stops the rain. I really don't understand this work for nothing and the effort of the modifiers in doing a good job that can't be used.

Since then we have had several updates and nothing has changed. Does anyone know where to write this so that they reconsider, if this is not the site or if there is a plugin that solves this?

Thank you very much.